Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

displacement data filtering

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, dear fellows! I am facing a problem as a novice in data acquisition: there is a test rig which consists of, apart from everything else, two displacement sensors, which acquire data of the rotor displacement over time. the data i am recieving is noisy, so i had to filter it. i use butterworth topology of a filter and for a start default settings of high cutoff and low cutoff frequencies. it is a bandstop filter since i checked the signal in frequency domain and found out the bandwidth of noise. a few words on it: there is a metal cyllinder i use to test the sensors. so when i dont move the object, the sensor shows a straight line, which means the signal i need has 0 frequency. that means that any other change in frequency domain would indicate the frequency of noise. i found out it is between apprx 4000 and 4250. but no matter how i tried the signal would not get filtered. the fact is when i send non-dynamic data (orange line lol) to the waveform out of the filter it shows ok but the signal doesnt change over real time. so i built a waveform considering the characteristics such as t0, dt of an initial waveform, but after that i recieve an even more noisy data. it might be ive been trying to solve the problem for too long i stuck at some obvious point, but i no longer have any ideas, so any help would be appreciated. thanks a lot!

(4,520 Views)

Reading the help of the filter vi (I added a quick mod of your vi:

[...]

init/cont controls the initialization of the internal states. The default is FALSE. The first time this VI runs or if init/cont is FALSE, LabVIEW initializes the internal states to 0. If init/cont is TRUE, LabVIEW initializes the internal states to the final states from the previous call to this instance of this VI. To process a large data sequence that consists of smaller blocks, set this input to FALSE for the first block and to TRUE for continuous filtering of all remaining blocks.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,510 Views)

Henrik, thanks for your reply, could you if possible save the .vi so that i could open it with my version of labview which is 2011? 

(4,503 Views)

On monday ....

Have a nice weekend 🙂

or think about what I wrote, RTFM isn't that hard 😉

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,490 Views)

Okay, sure.

im okay with manuals, but it comes to reading manuals when nothing else works haha 🙂 actually im better at understanding when i see a wrong and a right 🙂 thanks a lot!

(4,481 Views)

Hope you did not forget haha 🙂

(4,432 Views)

Here is the relevant portion of the change: Connect Not Equal to Zero? to the init/cont input of the filter.

Lynn

Init_cont.png 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,414 Views)

thanks johnsold for jumping in 🙂

Sorry , I'm currently at a congress (Capetown :D) and have no access to my LabVIEW stuff. And yes, I forgot about it due to all this stuff that needs to be ready before this trip.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,396 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pomplamoose

here we go...

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,345 Views)

Thanks a lot for your help, Henrik! Cheers!

(4,274 Views)