Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could someone please help me model the following circuit in Multisim?

I have connected a BNC tee adapter to an oscilloscope. At one of the ends of the tee connector I have placed a 50 ohm terminator. At the other end of the tee I have placed a pulse generator with the following specs: a pulse amplitude of -0.8 V (for resistive loads of 50 ohms to 10 kilo ohms) that is 6-10 ns in duration with a 10 kHz repetition rate. The pulse generator also has a risetime of 1.5 ns and a fall time of 5 ns. Thank You    

Message 1 of 4
(4,961 Views)

Hello,

We are not here to do your work for you. If you want help on how te use Multisim then you should check out videos online or take classes. If you want help on circuit design then the same thing pretty much applies, or ask in a physics/electronics based forum, though I assure you no one in there will help you unluss oyu have something to show that you tried. If you have problems simulating, or find bugs in Multisim, or need help with a design, then you are welcome to post here for feedback and help.

Kind regards,

Miguel V
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,921 Views)

**bleep**

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,913 Views)

Hello,

Here are some ideas to model this circuit. For the BNC terminator you could simply use a 50 ohm resistor; for the pulse generator I recommend you to take a look of the SIGNAL_VOLTAGE_SOURCES Family, Sources Group in the Multsim Master Database. The PULSE_VOLTAGE source could be an option since it allows you to configure many parameters (rise/fall time, pulse width, period, etc).

Are you building a circuit to take a specific measurement (for instance: Time Domain Reflectrometry)?

Hope this helps.

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,865 Views)