Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: Proffesor decides to give us a curveball on a circuit

okay heres the problem that we had to capture on multisum. the issue that im having is how do i define the variable V across the R1 resistor. and did i define the depdent current source correctly? i am getting massive amounts of error trying to run this circuit. Thank you for reading

1.24.png

1.24Multisim.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,893 Views)

Can you describe what is the error that you are getting?

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,862 Views)

Wether it is Thevenin or Norton, you need to find the equivalent resistance looking into your circuit port. The DC voltage sources should be shorted and DC current should be open. So in your attached circuit, V1 should be short-circuited. Also, your expression for the arbitrary current should be "0.025*V(node1, node2)", where node1 and node2 are names of nets across the resistor. I am not sure why you have "SI1" and why your you're multiply by the current through V1. 

I like to use a simple voltage controlled current source component whenever dealing with a linear gain, as in this case. Attached is a picture of how your circuit might look like when calculating the equivalent resistance. The circuit draws 25.1mA when a 1V test signal is applied. Therefore the resistance must be 1/0.0251=39.84ohms.

Max
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,678 Views)