Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LM2575 for Multisim

Hello to all

I want to simulate the provided circuit in Multisim 11.0 but cannot find a LM2575 component, how would I create one for the simulation?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,091 Views)

Hi EmptyCoffin92,

I'm an Applications Engineer at National Instruments. You can create a custom component in NI Multisim and the white paper linked below explains how you can do this.

Creating a Custom Component in NI Multisim

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3173/en/

There are several other switching regulators in Multisim and perhaps you could use one of them to closely match the LM2575. Running a simple search by function should bring them up.

Hope this helps.

Nabilah

NabilahF
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,037 Views)

Hi Nabilah

I have tried searching switching regulators, but no results. As well as just regulator but I couldn't see a switching one

EmptyCoffin92

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,021 Views)

Hi EmptyCoffin92,

If you right click on the Multisim design screen and click on Place Component to bring up the "Select a component" window, and then run a search and type "Switching regulator" in the function box, it should bring up all the switching regulators available in multisim. 

Hope that answers your question. 

Best regards,

NabilahF
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,932 Views)

The basic SMPS converter blocks (which could be used to create the LM2575) are included in Multisim PowerPro versions (industrial), you may have Base or Full, which may not have these blocks.  They do take some knowledge of SPICE to work with, to create an accurate LM2575 model.

Alternatively, to get a completed model, you may want to speak with the semiconductor supplier (several carry a LM2575 variant) and one of those IC manufacturers may have SPICE models that may be compatible with Multisim.

- Pat Noonan

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,660 Views)