cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim 14 - Transient Analysis bombs out after some amount of time

Solved!
Go to solution

You are very welcome.

This should manifest in every type of simulation. 

You can still use the Virual resistor but you must changed the Maxixum rated power. 

You had a 0.25 W rated resistor and the current was about 11.5 A so thats 11.5 W for a 1 Ohm resistor.

I know there was no pop up meesage but the resistor breaks on the screen. See attached.

Glad that you can continue working.

Diego H

National Instruments.

Download All
Message 11 of 12
(1,692 Views)

Hi again Diego! Thanks for your additional help in showing and teaching me the graphical feature where the resistor 'broke'. When you mentioned this, and showed the 'broken resistor', I went into the Multisim simulation and ran the simulation again. And sure enough, the resistor changes from full drawing to a broken resistor drawing. I think I did notice an incomplete resistor drawing maybe once or twice before, but obvliously assumed it was just a screen graphics issue, as I remember that there were cases where parts of circuits would disappear temporarily (but would re-appear after a screen refresh or screen redraw).

Anyway, this broken component graphical feature is very impressive. I didn't know about that before. Thanks for showing me Diego. I'll pass this nice information to other people that use Multisim later. Thanks again. Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(1,688 Views)