cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open LV instrument

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I want to use biomedical signals in my multisim simulation and following this document. I have downloaded the file and copied it into the specified folder but unfortunately I am unable to view it in the specified palette.

Kindly tell me how could it be solved.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(7,830 Views)

Hi Intelligent,

Can me please give me more details about this problem? If you can open the ECG Amp with ECG Signals.ms10 but the ECG labVIEW instrument doesn't appear in your instrument toolbar, make sure you have saved the ECG Electrode file in the correct place which would be in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite 10.1\lvinstruments.

Please let me know if this information didn't help you.

Regards,

Leila Feyz

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(7,820 Views)

Thanks for replying.

Yes Leila Feyz, i have correctly followed all the rules given in that file, but unfortunately ECG Signals dont appear in the tool box.

I think i need to reinstall the Circuit Design Suite.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(7,810 Views)

Hi Intelligent,

Thanks for the update. Please let me know if the problem still exists after reinstalling Circuit Design Suite.

Regards,

Leila Feyz

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(7,804 Views)

Hello,

Just in case here are another suggestions.

First of all, what's your Multisim version (go to Help>>About Multisim)? You could be missing some files required by the LabVIEW Instruments.

Do you see the the LabVIEW Instruments that Multisim installs by default? In the Instruments toobar look for LabVIEW Instruments, Do you see the Microphone, Speaker, Signal Analyzer?

Browse this folder (according to your Multisim version):

Multisim 10.0

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite 10.0\lvinstruments

Multisim 10.1

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite 10.1\lvinstruments

Multisim 11.0

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite 11.0\lvinstruments

In the lvinstruments folder you should see some DLLs and LLBs (for instance: LVInstrIF821.dll, LVInstrIF821.llb, and so on), what files do you have?

To make sure that you have everything needed download all the interface files at:

Assure compatibility of NI LabVIEW based Instruments across different NI Multisim versions

Hope this helps.

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(7,797 Views)

Thanks for replying.

I have Multisim11.0.2 and LV 2010. But both in testing.

Yes i can see but they dont work.

here is the pic

lvinstrument.PNG

Also here is the list of instrument present.

address.PNG

but not added in the palette

not added.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(7,787 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the info and screenshots. I can see that you have all the DLLs and LLBs required. One more thing to check is the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine version. Open Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) at All Programs>>National Instruments. Expand the Software folder and take a screenshot; basically I want to see what versions of the LabVIEW Run-Time you have on your computer.

By the way, what's your operating system? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(7,770 Views)

here it islv runtime.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(7,761 Views)

Hi,

This LabVIEW Instrument was created in LabVIEW 8.5 or previous, therefore the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine for that version is required.

I recompiled the instrument in LabVIEW 2010 and hopefully this time you will be able to load it in Multisim. You can download the instrument here.

Install this new LLB library in the lvinstruments folder, open Multisim and look for the ECG instrument.

Please let us know how this works.

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(7,750 Views)

I am unable to open Multisim now. When it reaches at 99% , it opens ECG Electrode.vit and during this operation, it hangs up and nothing starts after it.

Here is the screen shot.

Multisim Error.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(7,737 Views)