Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 Compatibility

Solved!
Go to solution

With which versions of Windows 7 is Multisim 10.1.1 compatible?

SNR

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(8,416 Views)

Multisim 10.1.1 is not officially supported on Windows 7, however some customers have been able to install it without problems (we don't recommend you Windows 7 Starter).

Multisim 11.x is compatible with Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit); Windows XP x86; Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit).

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

Message 2 of 10
(8,392 Views)

Do you have any experience with Multisim 10.1.1 running the Windows 7 Pro under the XP mode?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(8,389 Views)
Solution
Accepted by SNR

I have never tried that scenario. It should work, but once again, it is not officially supported.

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(8,371 Views)

I use Windows 7 Starter.

When I try to install Multisim 11, it did'nt run. What can i do?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,760 Views)

Hello,

Here is a KnowlegeBase:

Installing NI Software on Windows 7 Starter Edition

Hope this helps.

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,748 Views)

Has anyone solved the Windows 7 compatibility riddle?  

This http://www.ni.com/labview/os-support/

leads me to believe that I can install Win 7 64bit and everything from 2010 SP1 on up will work per this comment Full Support (includes all LabVIEW modules and toolkits as well as NI drivers)

However, this link http://www.ni.com/white-paper/10383/en

leads me to believe things aren't supported for 64 bit.

Does the previous comment simply mean that a 64 bit install of Win 7 will run 32 bit versions of the software that isn't fully 64 bit enabled using whatever emulation layer Win 7 has native?

We are currently running LV 2011 and TestStand 2010 SP1 on Win XP and I'm trying to decide if for some upgraded main PC hardware we it's worth to go Win 7 64bit and more than 4GB of memory. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,489 Views)

Hi SmokeMonster,

You should post this on the LabVIEW forum, this is a Multisim forum and it's has different requirements than LabVIEW.

I have LabVIEW 32bit installed on my Windows 7 64 bit machine and general everything is working for me.  Many 32 bit applications will run on 64 bit OS and if you look at the second link you provided, the column "Windows (X86)" means that software will be running as a 32 bit on a 64 bit OS.  

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,465 Views)

I recently upgraded a rack mount PC with a new motherboard and Windows 7 (32)bit OS. We had been running Windows 2000. We never had any issues with the soft ware until now. The problem we are experiencing is with the NI-XS2 Can communication card PCI. We have run 5 hours with 585 parts,  and the next day 11 hours producing 320 parts between failures. The failure reported is "CAN open read failed"..  or the test system will just blue screen of death and reboot. Or the very next device tested after the "CAN open read failed" will cause BSOD. We have not accumulated much more data sense we started documenting the failure. I downloaded the latest NI-CAN driver before launching the controller on the test system.  Would anyone provide insight into this failure ? Suggestions on what avenue to pursue ?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,160 Views)

Hello Rick_G,

This forum is for Multisim and Ultiboard (part of the Circuit Design Suite) support. It looks like your product is the NI-XS2 CAN interface card.

Please post your question in the Automotive and Embedded Networks forum for assistance with this product.

It is also not necessary to cross-post.

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(6,119 Views)