Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

circuit design in multisim 10.1

I am having trouble designing a circuit in multisim version 10.1. 

I am attaching the circuit diagram image and the circuit bulid by me in multisim software.

Please make me understand what i am doing wrong. I am a mechanical student so I am not very good in circuit theory.

Since i didnt get S1722-01 photodiode, I used the photodiode available in multisim. 

Also I'm not sure about the 1/4 OP470 connection.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,153 Views)

rknair,

In Multisim 13, we have some improved photodiode models (with models provided by Analog Devices) and they have the ability to take an input (i.e. light) which, based on the photodiode, would be proportional to the diode current.  

If you have access to v13, I would suggest using one of these models in the circuit - as you can implement and experiment with both signals in this circuit. Alternatively, you can create your own realistic photodiode with a current controlled current source in place of a contstant source to control the 'light' induced current (see example here:  http://www.hamamatsu.com/resources/pdf/ssd/e02_handbook_si_photodiode.pdf )

In general we don't give in-depth circuit application support, but there are many general purpose circuit sites that I am sure will give you detailed help.  

In general for evaluating a more complex circuit in SPICE:

a) make sure basic circuit elements work correctly ...and then

b) construct the circuit elements together, starting with the most basic devices first (input to output) and test each stage as you go through.

Regards,

Pat Noonan

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,727 Views)

rknair,

I also did check your circuit and I noticed that the substrate for the quad matched NPNs (MAT04) is not connected and generally should be (I suggest checking the datasheet).  

Alternatively you can likely use a modern matched pair transistor in place of the MAT04 (I noticed there are several dual NPNs in the v13 library).

- Pat Noonan

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,726 Views)

pat noonan,

I  will try it out in ms 13 and see if it works. 

thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,714 Views)