Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

placed graphics exporting as blank -and- powerplane orphans

hi, i have two questions -

1. I have a bmp on a board, the logo is black and white - it looks fine in ultiboard view - the black appears as transparent and the white appears white, but when i export the file as gerber the graphics becomes just a black box - how can i get this to stop happening?

2. I am using a power plane for the ground plane, but i don't want to include the areas of copper that are connected to nothing (i have heard them reffered to as "orphans" before....) - how can alter the powerplane to do this?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,920 Views)

Hi there,

For your first question, I'd recommend double checking what type of gerber file you are outputting, and what type of gerber file your gerber file viewer is expecting? i.e. RS-274 versus RS-274X. I just ran a quick test with a bmp image, and the gbr file view I was using exhibited similar behaviour to what you described if I used a different gbr file format to the one it was expecting

I'm not too sure about your second question though sorry, hopefully someone else can chip in with that bit!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,903 Views)

Hi there,

I had another look into this and I believe that for deleting unused copper sections you can use a tool found in the toolbar under the edit section:

1st Select the "Orphan" that you wish to remove, then go to the toolbar and:

Edit >> Copper Delete >> Copper Island

I hope this helps! Let me know if that works

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,879 Views)