Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ultboard - separate track and board outline clearance?

Hi, the title says it all really.

Is there a way to separately control the clearances to tracks and board outline for copper areas? That is, I place a copper area, I want it to go right up to the board outline, but I want clearance between the tracks too. Usually I am using the "trace clearance" which seems to control both....

thanks, p 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,482 Views)

Hello,

After you select an object (whether it be a part, or copper area, or trace), you should be able to find in the Spreadsheet Viewer a section for that specific object you selected (so if it is a trace then go to the Net tab, if it's a copper area then go to the respective tab etc ect) and in there there is usually a column called Trace Clearances. It will normally use the default unless you change it for specific parts.

edit: I forgot to mention that if you want to change the board outline clearance, then you can find the option under Options » PCB Properties » Copper Layers.

Best of luck,

Miguel V
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(4,443 Views)

Hi Miguel, thanks for your reply - but maybe i didn't make myself clear enough - I am using the "trace clearance" box in the spreadsheet view for copper areas. I also have the "board outline clearance" in pcb properties etc. set to 0.

My problem is when I enter a number in the "trace clearance" box it controls BOTH the board clearance and the trace clearance and I don't know how to seperate them!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,438 Views)

Hello,

I'm still a little confused when you say "board clearance". We have board outline clearance, we have trace clearance (for nets, planes, etc), and power plane clearance to trace. I'm not sure exactly which one you mean. When changing the trace clearance settings for a single copper area in the spreadsheet viewer, nothing else should change except for that individual area's clearance.

Maybe this is your question?
http://forums.ni.com/t5/Circuit-Design-Suite-Multisim/board-outline-power-plane-clearance/m-p/224498...

Kind Regards,

Miguel V
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,434 Views)