cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Package Builder 2022 Q3 patch 1 Warning 16049

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Scott,

Here is the lvlibp. Not sure this is the source of the error i have reinstall NIPB and TestStand and also already tried to copy the folder deployment utility from another working machine.

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on other computer for the moment. We can build our solutions on other computer.

I just did another test by removing the LabVIEW.ini file to make sure there is nothing in it that can interact with NIPB. Same issue. labVIEW was launched and a default LabVIEW.ini was created and got the error.

is it possible for you to build a simple application that called the same function of NIPB for staging that i can run on my computer with debug option or specific log in it.

It's seems that you are flattening data in JSON to exchange data between NIPB and the lvlipb, maybe this is the source of the error.

Best regards

Maxime R.  

CLA - Certified LabVIEW Architect / Architecte LabVIEW Certifié
  CTA - Certified TestStand Architect / Architecte TestStand Certifié

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 28
(887 Views)

Maxime, the lvlibp looks correct, thanks. Thanks for testing building with another system. At least this seems to be isolated to your system only right now.

Before we get into deeper debugging, can you do the following:

1. Just to be complete, can you get us a MAX technical support report, link: Create NI MAX Reports to Document System Configurations. You can share here or send to me privately.
  2. We would like you to use LabVIEW ADE with TestStand, in a similar way to how NIPB uses LabVIEW using TestStand, to make sure that works. Specifically, can you temporarily change your TestStand LabVIEW Adapter settings to use the LabVIEW 2022 32-bit Development Environment. Shutdown TestStand and LabVIEW, and then using the Sequence Editor load and run any sequences that call VIs directly on disk, and calling a VI in a lvlibp. You should see LabVIEW launching if configured properly, and let us know if that is successful. We want to make sure that controlling LabVIEW is working properly this way first.

Building a test application to perform similar operations to what NIPB does might be possible, but either way, we might have to generate dump files to dig deeper.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 28
(860 Views)

Maxime, can you also run the following command in an administrative Windows command prompt and share its output:

reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Net Framework Setup\NDP" /s

Regarding the question about JSON, which is used to pass data to and from the VI. NIPB is erroring obtaining a COM reference to one of the VIs, likely the first one, so NIPB has not yet called any of the VIs.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 28
(847 Views)

Hi Scott,

Teststand is working with LabVIEW with seqedit or LabVIEW user Interface. I'm using it with adapter in Development or Run-Time without any issue. I'm using almost everyday. I have code called as labVIEw vi directly with or without project, packed in a lvlibp. without problem.

So adapter is working as expected.

Please find attached the response for reg key command.

I have send to you by email my max report.

Best regards.

Maxime R.  

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 28
(827 Views)

Hi Scott,

Do you have any update on my issue ?

Regards

Maxime R.  

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 28
(741 Views)

Maxime, unfortunately no updates on this issue. We have not been able to reproduce this, nor is it clear what would cause the underlying failure to connect to LabVIEW. I will revisit this with a few others to see if we have missed anything.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 28
(683 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MaximeR

I finally got it.

After uninstall,/reinstall, repariring LabVIEW one more time, I took a look in Windows Registry and by comparing mine to a fresh install that is working, I have found something suspicous.

In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\National Instruments\TestStand\22.0 I've got a folder called PendingInstall.

This folder is not present in a fresh and clean Install.

After removing this key, my NIPB is working !!!!!

I remember that I faced an issue during an update of different NI Software. Certainly the source of the problem...

Thanks Scott for this non official support.

Maxime R.  

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 28
(624 Views)

Maxime -

Glad you resolve this on that system. Not yet sure how that registry key would cause an issue, but will pass on to others. Thanks for letting us know.

Scott Richardson
Message 28 of 28
(597 Views)