NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically change NIPM Settings

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to programmatically change the setting of NI Package Manager? I have found an INI file at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\Settings\ni-package-manager-defaults.ini. But there does not appear to be a listing for those setting in the file. I looked and could not fine any registry keys either for the settings. Where are these settings stored?

Settings of Interest

Settings of InterestSettings of Interest

Message 1 of 4
(2,899 Views)
Solution
Accepted by CL_eisenwr

The settings that you specifically highlighted are set on the machine, by NIPM, as User Settings. When a setting is changed, it is added to the Windows User Setting cache for the specific application. For NI Package Manager, that will be at: %localappdata%\National_Instruments\NIPackageManager.exe_Url_<GUID>\<version>\user.config. Unfortunately, the GUID in that path cannot be predetermined prior to installing NIPM and can't be identified until a user setting is generated by making some modification to begin with. If you are looking for a way to more easily set/preset those config setting, then I suggest filing a feature request in the NI Package Management Idea Exchange page.

Message 2 of 4
(2,834 Views)

For the "newest" of NIPM, I am ok with having to write some code to find and edit the file to get by for now. I will post an idea for this being easier/built-in in the future and link it here.

Edit: NIPM Idea has been posted

(2,823 Views)

I accidentally linked this topic to itself instead of NIPM Idea

Message 4 of 4
(2,618 Views)