NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Manager... but within Sequence Editor

Solved!
Go to solution

I have incorporated UserMessage calls into my built GUI app.

However, I when coding and running from SeqEditor, I want to open a window that receives and shows all the messages.

How can I obtain the Application Manager in order to register the event callback?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(451 Views)

OK, I thought I figured it out but I didn't.

What is handling UserMessages when running inside the Sequence Editor?  How can I register for those messages?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(449 Views)

FWIW, from when I worked with TestStand years ago I vaguely remember a customer implementing a panel where they used a code module in some callback like Login and it would display a dialog and register a UserMessages callback and the messages would appear in the floating panel. Then they would shutdown the panel in reverse, like a Logout callback. The key was that the panel implementation could not rely on an execution continuing to run in the background. I do not remember what language they were using though. 

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(426 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jed_Davidow

Hello,

I get some code module running in parallel of a sequence (code module call from a sequence in a NewThread for instance), reacting to UIMessages.

I used the following kind of code:

GetAppManagerFromContext.png

The trick is the constant for the Variant To Data VI. Then, you can register a callback on the App Manager reference.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(423 Views)