NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we read the data from xls using teststand 3.5?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using TestStand 3.5 and LabVIEW 8.I know these are pretty older versions now, but we need to continue with this on one of the test benches.

My question is how can we read the data from xls file using TestStand 3.5? I already referred few posts on this, and one of the answer suggested that I should use "tGetExcel" using ActiveX Adapter. I tried to run the test example attached in "http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Write-or-read-to-Excel-from-TestStand/td-p/250439/highlight/tru...", but getting a run time error. It says "the type library information for tGetExcel was not found. Make sure the server is registered with the system"

In TestStand 4.2, I could  easily perform excel based operations using Excel Office tool kit.

Just wondering, is there any other way I can read the data from .xls file just by using Teststand 3.5?

Thanks,

Niraj.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,177 Views)

Did you try out the property loader step type?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,168 Views)

I have tried but it didnt work out for me. I dont know whether I was using it correctly or not. If you have anything specific in mind, pls do share.

Thanks,

Niraj.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,163 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Niraj2810

Please check this example for property loader :

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 3.5\Examples\LoadingLimits

This shows loading of limits from excel file.

But you can load variable values also - refer help file / Reference manual for this step type.

Also in the forum search type property loader - you will find more information.

Hope this helps. 

Message 4 of 5
(3,161 Views)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,151 Views)