NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Setup Script or Other

On the production floor we distinctly have two setups we use with TestStand.  We have a normal production/operator mode and an engineer/administrator mode.  Is there an app within TestStand or other which will automatically make numerous TestStand changes instead of going to multiple configuration menus.  These changes occur between operator and engineer modes. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,420 Views)

You can restrict/enable/disable functionality in TestStand based on user login privileges. See chapter 7 of the TestStand Reference Manual.

CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,417 Views)

Security is not my aim or intent.  I want a way to make changes through a script instead of having to always go to numerous menu's.  This way nothing is missed and all my boxes I want checked or unchecked are where they need to be without having to review all of our settings.  Does this make sense?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,409 Views)
You can run a script to setup a station based on the user type.
CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,406 Views)

How would that be done?  Does TestStand have its own scripting language?  How would I check or uncheck a box for example "Enable Tracing"? 

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,395 Views)

TestStand has it's own API. You can find more details on it in the documentation. The specific value you're looking to set is called StationOptions.TracingEnabled

CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,388 Views)

Like snowpunter mentioned, you can use the API and the TracingEnabled property.

Drop down a Statement and use the following code: RunState.Engine.StationOptions.TracingEnabled = True

Or you can use an action step with an ActiveX/COM adapter.

Jacob R. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

Message 7 of 10
(3,380 Views)

We're getting warmer.  Is there something I can use outside of TestStand to make these modifications?  I never thought of using an action step.  I suppose in my PreUUTLoop I could come up with a dialog box that asks the user to select one or the other.Can you comment on the question above?  Thanks.

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,367 Views)

You can do this in a number of locations:

• Override a model callback in your client sequence file that checks user privledges and sets the tracing accordingly
  • Add a step in your process model to do the same
  • Add a step in the FrontEndCallbacks.seq that will do the same when the user logs into TestStand
CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
Message 9 of 10
(3,356 Views)

Ok, getting a bit warmer here.  Can you elaborate more on the FrontEndCallbacks.seq? 

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,346 Views)