NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom LabView User Interfaces unable to preload modules

Hi

I reused the simple LabView GUI, posted in this thread, and built an executable with it:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Really-Simple-TestStand-User-Interface-Run-a-Test-With-a-S...

Now I have the problem, that when I try to start a sequence, the program hangs during preloading modules ("Preparing to preload modules...").

I'm using TestStand and LabView 2016, and the bug only occurs, when I'm using the LabView Runtime Engine. When I'm using the development environment as an adapter everything works fine.

I also learned, that this error only occurs, if I specify a project path in the test step. Without project path it is also running with the Runtime Engine.

When I'm using the NI example TestStand simple user interface, build with LabvView, it also works fine.

I tried to compare them, to find the error but I have to admit that i couldn't find anything.

Thanks a lot!

Max

Edit: I'm using windows 10 Pro

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,075 Views)

Hey Max,

Since this is custom code, I would probably recommend to post this question on the forum page from where you downloaded the custom TestStand user interface. 

Then, looking quickly through the description of the behavior you are seeing, I would suspect it has something to do with the interactions between the LabVIEW application instances involved in the execution -> there are actually different LabVIEW application instances used depending on whether or not you are calling a LV Code module, by specifying the LabVIEW project to which it belongs.

How TestStand Interacts with LabVIEW Application Instances

Also, in your particular case, when you have the Run-time engine adapter setting and you execute the user interface as a stand-alone executable, User Interface VIs execute in the run-time application instance of the LabVIEW Run-time engine loaded by the executable's process and  all code module VIs will execute in the specified project instance in the LabVIEW Run-time engine loaded by the User Interface executable process.  If no project is specified for a VI code module, it executes in the main application instance of the LabVIEW Run-time engine loaded by User Interface executable process - so basically, the same process.

Sincerely yours,

Denis

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,036 Views)