NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in call to LoadPanelEx

Solved!
Go to solution

I get an error "Error in call to LoadpanelEx" when running the applicaiton.

Based on the post here I have the Target Setting ->Export Ehat set to "Symbols Marked for Export". I am creating release DLL.

In teststand the error occurs on the step that calls the function "InitializeBatchDialog" and the error code returned is -94.

this is 

int DLLEXPORT _stdcall InitializeBatchDialog(CAObjHandle modelData, CAObjHandle context)
{

}

Only additon done to C code was to add some control callbacks.

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,582 Views)

When creating a release DLL, I do receive the attached warning. If I mark all file for compilation then the dll gets build. Although I am not sure what does the message "it is recomended that you export these functions using the include file method." What is include file method?

All the project settings is the same as the NI provided default modelsupport project.

On the traget system I only have the dll.

Any suggestion as to what is happening?

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,580 Views)

More information...

I noticed that LoadPanelEx error only displays on the target PC.

On development PC the dll is placed with the project files and that is the location TestStand step is pointing to.

As I am customizing the modelsupport2.prj, I copied and renamed this.

The question I have:

1. Is there a specific location this dll should be palced? Should it be placed under <TestStand Public> directory or can be at any user defined location as far as the dll is pointing correctly?

2. Is the complete project and all the files required on the target PC? Looking at NI default batch model it points to the modelsupport2.dll and the path is C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 4.1\Components\Models\TestStandModels which contains the complete project.

TIA.

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,569 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lvrat

Solved 🙂

Under target setting "Embed project .UIR" setting was needed.

CLD
Message 4 of 4
(3,567 Views)