NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export programatically StationGlobals?

Hi,

I want to check the values of predefined StationGlobals before execution and after execution.

1. I have excel files with default StationGlobals and it's values

2. I want to export after execution the StationGlobals values

3. I want to compare it and see the differences of values

Questions:

1. How i can export programatically StationGlobals values from TestStand?

2. What is the most easy way to do it?

Thank you

Thank you & Best Regards

*I use LabVIEW 2018 & TestStand 2021 versions
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,396 Views)

Use the TestStand API through LabVIEW.   The attachment reads all the StationGlobals as variants, this doesn't work entirely if some of the globals are containers (like the default TS container).  You may need to modify it to read the StationGlobals you are interested in obtaining.  The types also could be issues if you have a mix of strings and numbers, for example.

Additionally, I assumed you would use the SequenceContext as the input as you said you are running after a sequence is completed.  

PH

Message 2 of 5
(2,363 Views)

Thank you, i will try it

ideally, I want to read StationGlobals with TestStand APi if itexist

Thank you & Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,361 Views)

You can export and import the Station Globals using the Import/Export Properties tool.

You can then Import the Station Globals using the Property Loader step type.

You can also use the Write() and ReadEx() TestStand API functions to write and read specific Station Globals, including containers. You can also directly export all Station Globals at once but if you do so, Station Globals that currently exists on the station but that are not in the saved file would be wiped out upon import.

You'll find in attachment an example of using the TestStand API and a container. I modified the sequence provided by Glenn Ellis.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,338 Views)

Thank you a lot!

I will check it as well!

Thank you & Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,298 Views)