NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph in Excel Report

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello. I am currently running into a report issue. My overall goal is to have a graph exported to a specified excel file. 

I am running TestStand with LabVIEW Vi's. In one vi I am reading in a graph and storing it into a Local Variable in Teststand using a "LabVIEWAnalogWaveform (Container)" type. In the module I specify the variable to be logged into the final report. I then specify in report options (under configure>report options) to have the report file logged into an exel file. The data is succesfully written to the excel file, however it saves the data as an array of numbers, not as a graph. I need a graph, due to the fact that I am testing over 1601 points and am using the graph to analyze the data, not to read thousands of data points. Is there a way to publish the graph to excel?

Attached are pictures of what I have(1) and what i am trying to obtain (using my ultra photoshop skills-2). Also, I have 8 separate graphs I need to be published, which is why you see more than one in picture 2. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,383 Views)
Solution
Accepted by apmsj08

Hi apmsj08,

I'm sorry to hear your data is not displaying correctly, there are a couple of things we will need to consider to do this properly.  First, are you trying to build the graph in TestStand and then add it to the report or are you wanting to pull a graph from LabVIEW and place it into the report?

1. If you are trying to build the graph in TestStand please refer to the TestStand Help on Displaying Measurment Data as Graphs.  There are issues reported that can cause this data to be displayed as points instead of graph.  Please find that information below.

From the TestStand Reference Manual: "XML reports might unexpectedly display a table of measurement datainstead of a graph under either of the following conditions:

• The TSGraphControl.ocx ActiveX control, located in the<TestStand Public>\Components\Tools\GraphControldirectory, is not installed or registered on the computer.
  • The My Computer security zone setting on the Security tab of the Internet Options dialog box on the Windows Control Panel is High.  Internet Explorer security settings can prevent Web pages from usingscripting to create and use an ActiveX control. When you view Webpages located on the computer, Internet Explorer uses the My Computer security zone setting. On Windows XP SP2, the default security level for the My Computer security zone is High, which prevents scripting from running locally. By default, the settings for theMy Computer security zone are not visible in the Internet Options dialog box."

The KnowledgeBase Graphs in XML TestStand Report Do Not Show in External Viewer goes into mroe detail on this 

2. If you are trying to pull a graph that you have displayed in LabVIEW please refer to the Developer Zone Article How to Insert a LabVIEW Control Image into a TestStand Report to do this.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards, Kyle S

Regional Account Manager
NI
Message 2 of 3
(3,319 Views)

Thank you! I should be able to figure out a solution with this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,293 Views)