NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I run Teststand sequences in Real Time Labview Engine7.0?

Hello all,
Before I was using Teststand2.0. Now I shifted to TestStand3.0.I wanted to run all my sequences with Labview RealTime Engine7.0.
If I change Adapter in teststand3.0 to Labview RealTime Engine7.0, then i am not able to run sequences.

If somebody know, how to make it, Could you please drop me a message..

Thanks
Sashi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,180 Views)
Hi Sashi -

Though you can't run TestStand sequences with LabVIEW Real-Time, TestStand can call test VIs on a LabVIEW Real-Time system.

You make this configuration on a per-step basis on the LabVIEW Specify Module Advanced Settings dialog. You select the "Run VI on Remote Computer" option and enter in the name or IP address of your real-time system. If you don't specify a path to your VI and the VI is not currently loaded in memory on the real-time system, TestStand will download the VI and its hierarchy. You can find more information about this topic in Appendix A, Calling LabVIEW VIs on Remote Systems, in the Using LabVIEW with TestStand manual.

Sincerely,

Kyle Gupton
National Instruments
Kyle Gupton
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,180 Views)
Dear Kyle,

Thank you for your message. Actually What I wanted is, with out Labview and TestStand (In a plan Machine), I wanted to run Teststand Sequences. We already developed one Operator Interface as a executable, which will execute sequences.

Could you please tell me, Is it possible to do like that?

Thanks,
Sashi
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,180 Views)
Dear Kyle,

Sorry it was not a real time engine, It was Labview Runtime engine..
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,180 Views)
Hi Sashi -

Ah, got it. Yes, you can run your test VIs using only the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine (7.0 or later). To do this, you will need to make sure that:

1. You configure the LabVIEW Adapter to use the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine to execute VIs.

2. You make sure that all of your VIs are compiled correctly with the same version of LabVIEW as the Run-Time Engine you are using. You will also need to make sure that the entire hierarchies of your VIs are available on the test machine. The easiest way to do both of these things is to use the TestStand Deployment Utility to build an image and/or installer for your test system. It will ensure that all of your VIs are "packaged" correctly for distribution.

You will also need a valid TestStand insta
llation on your test computer. If you are planning on running only from an operator interface, the Base Deployment Engine license will suffice. If you build an installer using the Deployment Utility, you can choose to bundle the TestStand Engine with the installation. Or, you can build a separate installer that includes only the TestStand Engine. These different scenarios are described in Chapter 14, Deploying TestStand Systems, in the TestStand Reference Manual.

I hope this helps....

Kyle Gupton
National Instruments
Kyle Gupton
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,180 Views)
Hi Kyle,

Thank you for your response. I am trying to create image with Deployment. But if I am trying to add a folder, I am getting Error ( Operation failed 17500), after getting that Error it is adding that floder.

Could you please tell me why I am getting that Error.

Thanks,

Sashi
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,179 Views)
Can you tell me exactly what you are doing when you get the error?

Kyle
Kyle Gupton
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,179 Views)
Hi Hyle,

Can TestStand call any functions present in any Real-Time System apart from LabVIEW Real-time system like VxWorks..etc

-Anil
Anil-B'lore
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,179 Views)