NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to conditionally disable or otherwise remove EntryPoint2 and Run_Sequence buttons in SimpleUI

I am trying to muck with the SimpleUI project provided by NI (currently working with the Labview version). I need to conditionally (or permanently) disable the EntryPoint2 and Run_Sequence buttons, based on login permissions. Disabling at the TopLevel VI doesn't "keep" -- when a sequence file using a process model is loaded, these buttons are re-enabled. At what level do I need to disable these?

I sort of successfully deleted them but the UI behavior changed, launching a separate(?) instance of the TestStand application/sequence when a shortcut was used to launch the exe file created with a sequence file passed to it.

Also, the basic SimpleUI is no longer toggling the Login/Logout button on our system. It logs a user out but does not provide a way to log back in (the button text remains "Logout"). Any ideas here?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,704 Views)

I believe you could modify the Display Sequence File callback to check for the desired user group and the enable or disable the button accordingly.  Something like this:

Capture.JPG

Herrlin

Just trying to spread the LabVIEW love.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,687 Views)

I don't like messing with the example UIs provided by NI either.  If they contain controls that we don't want, rather than deleting them we move them from the visible part of the UI to somewhere that the user cannot see or access them.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,612 Views)

Hi,

Create a User when has Operator rights and when you login as this user both those controls will be disabled.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,579 Views)

Thanks all! The customer has decided this isn't a real big deal so we may just leave things as they are. I will try the ideas to see what works (best). I sure wish I had more time to play, er, uh, experiment with these things.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,551 Views)