NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interface teststand and labview

I have design an application with labview 7 to simulate a climate system for automotive application. I buy teststand v3.0 to make functional test now. My question is : how to interface teststand to labview to supervise automatic tests ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,039 Views)
Hello -

I suggest working through the Using TestStand and Using LabVIEW with TestStand manuals. That should get you started and teach you what you need to know about interfacing TestStand and LabVIEW.

Sincerely,

Kyle Gupton
National Instruments
Kyle Gupton
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,039 Views)
I already read manuals ! But my question is: we design an appplication with labview to simulate a thermal system for automotive (Labview is used to supervise and manage a testbench create with fieldpoint modules). Now, we want to used (and if it's not possible we will use another software) Testsand to make production test. We need your help to do that. Because I don't know how to interface testsand with my labview application. Depending on your answer, we decide to continue or not with Teststand (we have buy it)
best regards
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,039 Views)
Hi there -

Can you be more specific about what exactly you are trying to do and having difficulty with? Right now I don't have enough information to help you.

The most fundamental thing to do when creating a test system using TestStand is to call test programs written in some development environment. In your case, this would be LabVIEW, so you would create test steps in a TestStand sequence that use the LabVIEW Adapter to call your existing LabVIEW VIs.

Sincerely,

Kyle Gupton
National Instruments
Kyle Gupton
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,039 Views)
Thanks for your answer. To be more specific, ....
I think it's more easy if I send my application. For example, I want to create a script to test the value of battery voltage (like in your example). I had for test your example for TesT .Please help me !

Best regards
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,039 Views)
Hi -

I still don't know what you're specifically having difficulty with. Are you not able to successfully call this VI?

Where are you located? Have you tried speaking with your local sales or support representatives?

Kyle Gupton
National Instruments
Kyle Gupton
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,039 Views)