NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refresh UserName in StatusBar of LabVIEW User Interface?

Due to an automated operation mode (inline mode) I run the User Login in my customized User Interface automatically via Propety Engine.CurrentUser. It works properly, but the Pane "User" in the User Interface StatusBar does not update with new UserName.

Pane "User" is connected with CaptionSource_UserName via ApplicationMgr.ConnectCaption. Does anybody knows how to refresh the ConnectCaption after setting Propety Engine.CurrentUser?

Thank you

Christian

Test Engineering
digades GmbH
www.digades.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,975 Views)

What you describe looks like what I do, and I don't have any issues with my user name updating within the status bar.  Perhaps you may need to post some code from your LoginLogout sequence to make sure the property is updated correctly and maybe post code of your statusbar setup so we can be sure.

If you want to detect the user changing, you can create a UserChanged event.  Register the event with a callback and then do whatever you need to in the event structure, roughly as pictured in the attached.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,914 Views)

Hey Christian, 

We also ship a TestStand example that demonstrates this exact thing. Here's the help document that will lead you to the example - https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052W-01/tsexamples/infotopics/progress_status/.

Thanks,

Roxy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,890 Views)