Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restart sequence using sequential process model

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey there, 

My use case is this:

• An operator uses the same workstation throughout the day, building and testing multiple units that are different models.
  • I'd like to: 
    • Ask the operator what model they're building. (I know how to do this. 😀)
    • Do some station setup specific to that model. (I know how to do this. 😀)
    • Run through the UUT loop to perform the Main Sequence on each unit being built and tested. (I know how to do this. 😀)
    • Do some station cleanup.(I know how to do this. 😀)
    • Jump back to the beginning of the sequential process model so the operator can process the next model.  (I don't know how to do this. ☹️)

I feel like this is an easy thing that I just haven't found the magic Google words to describe in a way that yields something that works for me.  Maybe a sequence option (restart?); or a station option (continuously loop until terminated?); or a sequence step (Jump to Process Setup in Sequential Process Model?)

Any pointers appreciated.

troy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(163 Views)

I will say that I thought about doing everything inside the UUT Loop (e.g. give the serial number, look up the model information, setup the workstation for that model, run the tests).  That gets me looping pretty quickly.  Having a report generated at the end of a production run for specific models (e.g. one full set of UUTs) is alluring however.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(155 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author troykay

1) You could create a custom process model, starting with the Sequential Model. The models are more complex and this might take some time.

2) An alternative is to stay away from modifying the model and instead create a smart client sequence file where you can override the appropriate model behaviors, and then have a Sequence Call step in MainSequence of the client file that calls the appropriate "test" sequence file that changes based on what the operator is testing. This is what we do when designing test systems for our customers.

Scott Richardson
Message 3 of 3
(111 Views)