NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't solve the index out of range error

Good Morning,

during the development of a sequence, I have introduced an LV step in TestStand for calling the vi attached here after in different versions. The problem is that I always obtain the Index out of range error that block me in updating the vi and reloading the prototype. I don’t get what is wrong, if it’s a problem of arrays declaration and their size or if the question is about cluster input and how you can pass data from the Vi to TS.

Please someone help me, because I don’t understand the cause of the error.

Thank you for the attention!

Best Regards,

Zuc

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,220 Views)

Hi,

Maybe the VI is corrupted.

I tried to open the VI ( some sub vi missing which i deleted) using a action step type.

It gave errors.

The VI when opened in LV is good.

I took a new VI and copied all from the existing VI.

The VI could be called from the action step type.

Then i connected the input and output controls one by one and now able to connect everything and VI is loaded correctly.

Attaching the Sequence which calls both the old ( which gives error) and the new VI .

Ravi

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,164 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your kind response. I have watched your vi. But I still don’t get where my error was. I mean, you have drastically changed the vi. There isn’t any problem for the missing subVi, it was only a group of numerical operations with double variables, so its presence isn’t essential. The fact that you delate both the vector outputs and the Object reference input to TestsTand isn’t acceptable for me. By doing so you removed the problem, but you remove also a part of the vi which I need for the work.

So since, changing the vi help it works, can you suggest me where to watch for solving the issue? A way for seeing where the “Index out of range” raises as a problem.

Thank you for the help!

Best Regards,

Zuc

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,148 Views)