NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect regional keyboard localisation ( " and @ swapped) in TestStand 2010SP1

Solved!
Go to solution

Numpty question here....

3 of us are using TestStand 2010 SP1.

2 of us have issues with regional keyboard mapping being wrong - that is the " and @ keys are swapped - but this appears only to be within TestStand.

The other user's keyboard mapping is fine.

We all have the same keyboards (English - UK).
We all have the same settings under Configure > Station Options > Localization   (Language set to English).

All other Windows apps work fine on our PCs (Office 2010 etc).

So where is TestStand picking up its regional localisation and how do we fix it!

Many thanks

Alan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,545 Views)

Hi,

What settings have you got in the StationOptions under the Localization tab?

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,538 Views)

>What settings have you got in the StationOptions under the Localization tab?

As mentioned in my first message, we all have the same settings under Configure > Station Options > Localization   (Language set to English).

The 2 tick boxes are not ticked. (Use localized Decimal Point and Recognize Mulit-byte Characters)

Thanks

Alan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,534 Views)

Is there any difference in the Windows OS regional settings on the machine on which it works vs. the one it doesn't? If so which settings?

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,523 Views)

> Is there any difference in the Windows OS regional settings on the machine on which it works vs. the one it doesn't? If so which settings?

Windows regional settings are identical between working and an non-working PC.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,503 Views)
Solution
Accepted by AlanKnowler

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your forum post. It seems another TestStand user has experienced a similar issue in 2010 SP1 whereby his keyboard defaulted to the US layout when he was using the DE (i.e. German) layout.

The issue was solved in the forum post here.

It looks like this is unexpected behavior that is a side effect of new functionality added in TestStand 2010 SP1. R&D has been informed. To work around this issue in the meantime, you can execute a Statement step in "TestStand 2010 SP1" that contains the following expression:

RunState.Engine.ConfigFile.Data.SetValUnsignedInte​ger64("ExpressionEditOptions.AutoLanguageOptions", 1, 0x2ui64),
RunState.Engine.ConfigFile.IncChangeCount(),
RunState.Engine.ConfigFile.SaveFileIfModified(fals​e)

Hopefully this assists with your Keyboard issue Alan, please keep me informed with your progress.

Many Thanks

Jamie S.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 6 of 7
(3,492 Views)

Works for me. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,459 Views)