NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programatically show/hide step types in the Steps pane

When a user on a new Teststand Development bench syncs to a central repository of custom Teststand components and supporting LabVIEW code, I would like to expose only custom step types saved in myTpes.ini in the steps pane. None of the standard step types should be available unless the use explicitly opens an existing sequence file that contains them. I believe this can be done through the API when Teststand launches, but I don't know where to look for the appropriate API methods. For example, is there a methods to load or unload a specific type palette to or from memory? Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,553 Views)

Hi Charlie,

As of right now, there does not appear to be a way to programmatically change step type menu items from visible to hidden via the TestStand API.  Someone has posted a product suggestion for this type of functionality to be made available in a later version of the software, however.  You can view it here.  I would recommend giving this idea kudos in order to boost its chances of being implemented in a future release.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Stephanie R.

National Instruments

Stephanie R.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,522 Views)