NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report View with On the Fly reporting

Any idea how to display the Complete report in the report view of customize OI when “On the fly reporting is enabled”?

At the end of test (sequence) execution I am sending the UIMsg_DisplayReport and my OI has display report callback, but I think that is not enough.  

The report view only displays the last section of the report.

Thanks in advance,

Vidula

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,546 Views)
Under report options, disable the "Conserve memory and display only latest results" check box. That option would give the behavior that you're seeing.
Why do geeks think Halloween and Christmas occur on the same day?
Because 31oct = 25dec!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,525 Views)

I am looking for another alternative.

I do want my "Conserve memory and display only latest results" option checked.

My report is pretty big so I do not want that in memory during execution, but at the end of exection when all the modules are unloaded, I want to load the entire report in Report View.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,522 Views)

Vidula,

I was unable to reproduce this behavior. I ran the Computer Motherboard Demo using the Sequential Model with all combinations of options and did not get a different report. Are you using a custom process model that makes a custom report?

Regards,

Steven Zittrower

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,513 Views)

Yes, I am using the custom process model and custom report format. My process model is based on Sequential Model and Report format is html.

I do not see the issue if the report is very small. If the report is big then only the portion of the report is getting displayed.

Message Edited by Vidula S. on 09-17-2009 10:01 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,511 Views)

From what I can tell, the sequecne file has to have multiple sequence calls before it purges old report data. To display the whole report. I had to close the execution, then open the actual report file, not the temp file.

Why do geeks think Halloween and Christmas occur on the same day?
Because 31oct = 25dec!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,508 Views)

ExecutionView Manager control -> CaptionSource_ReportLocation–(Value: 28) gives the report file name at the end of execution when the report generation is complete.

I need the temp report file name and the final report name during execution.

Is there a way to get the report filename during the execution?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,504 Views)