NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Sequence In Execution View Wen Sequence File Is Opened

I'm trying to change the behaviour of displaying the sequence file in the execution view for the TS UI. Currently the sequence is displayed in the execution window when the sequence is started, but I wan't the execution window to populate when the sequence is loaded. I've had a good look at the callback Vi's but I can't work out where the information is coming from.

Any pointers?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,757 Views)

I was playing around a bit and came to the conclusion that this is actually for more difficult than it sounds.

The problem is, that the execution window is an execution window.

If you only load a sequence file, Teststand will not start an execution until you have called an entry point, thus the execution window is not updating and everything I have tried so far will not work.

The best thing I have come up so far would be starting an execution from the UI when loading the sequence file, update the execution window and abort execution immediately. However, I don't feel that this is very elegant.

What is the reason you would like to show the sequence immediately? Only aesthetics? 

Andreas
CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,718 Views)

I need it to display the sequence file for confirmation actually. When the teststand UI opens, I have it search for an active hardware layer (cDAQ), there are many different hardware layer configurations. When the an active one is found, the teststand sequences available for that layer are populated in to the sequence file list.

I'd like the execution window to display the sequence so an operator can check it before they execute

It's a shame it's so difficult to achieve!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,713 Views)

I think I found a possible solution to achieve this functionality:

If you just want to see the sequence file you can use the "Sequence File View Manager" instead of the "Execution View manager".

If you look at the Full-featured User interface example, it displays the sequence file after loading using the View Sequence File Manager.

When the execution is started it overlays the sequence file with the execution window (using a tabbing structure).

You should be able to build something very similar on your machine. 

Andreas
CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,703 Views)

This sounds like a viable solution. I'm out off the office at the moment but will look into this when I'm back. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,697 Views)

Hi Jost,

Thanks for that explanations. I'm just adding the simple UI modified is that feature, it could help someone else.

Everything is in the Register Event Callback state in the vi StartupCB.vi and EndExecutionCB.vi.

When the event StartExecution is fired, you affect the View Control to ExecutionView Manager and at the end of the execution, you set it to the FileView Manager.

Paolo_P
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
National Instruments France

Message 6 of 6
(3,638 Views)