NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand 2014

Solved!
Go to solution

Okay:  Been using TestStand 2010 and we are trying to switch to TestStand 2014.  Have an issue with modifing my report name.

I Teststand 2010, we moved the "Determine Report File Path" call after the MainSequence Callback, this allow us to modify the base to include an Address, and append either P,F,E based on teh result status.

command => f(x) Locals.ReportOptions.BaseName = Locals.Address + "_" + Left(RunState.Sequence.Main["ID#:xnW0PT0ORE2el7wF7uaxyB"].Result.Status,1) + "_" 

So the resulting report name would be [Test Sequence Name]_Address_P_[Serial Number][Date][time].extention.

With TestStand 2014 we would like to use it with teh new sequence, however with the plugin modules it makes it difficult.  From what I can tell the report name is generated in Model Plugins - Begin -> which calls Model Plugin - begin in the NI_ReportGenerator.seq.  I want to append the base name in the Call Model Plugin - UUT done int he NI_ReportGenerator.seq

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,223 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hallawt2004

found answer, to append a report name in TestStand 2014 found that I had to do the following:

Had to use - Specify Report File by Expression:

"Z:\\$(ClientFileName)\\$(ClientFileName)_[$(UUT)]_$(UUTStatus)_[$(FileTime)][$(FileDate)].$(FileExtension)" ( add the marco $(UUTStatus)) so report no generated time after Main Sequence return.

Modified NI_ReportGenerator to include an Address parameter.

Need in - Model Plugin - UUT Done and  Calculate report Path callback in NI_ReportGenerator

Added a statement in the Calculate report Path callback in NI_ReportGenerator (Determine Report File Path By Expression)

Added if statement (not all units have an address) - If Len(Parameters.Address>1)

Populate variable in uutStatus in Determine Report File Path By Expression with :  "["+Parameters.Address+"]"+Left(Parameters.UUTStatus,1) Get the following output:

SG4000 Verify_Thermo_[7000267]_P_[8 52 47 AM][4 6 2015].html 

Else

Populate variable in uutStatus in Determine Report File Path By Expression with : Left(Parameters.UUTStatus,1)

The key is specify report be expression and adding the UUTStatus macro.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,173 Views)