NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand 2019 is Now Available!

TS_Logo_Horiz_Color_RGB.png

TestStand 2019 is now available bringing improvements to help build more robust test systems that take advantage of new NI platform technologies. Some of the major features of the new release includes:

Adapter Support for Python – TestStand 2019 now offers native support for calling Python modules developed in Python 2.7+ or 3.6+. The familiar experience of TestStand Action, Pass/Fail, Numeric Limit, Multiple Numeric Limit, and String Value Test now supports Python code. The adapter support calls into module functions, getting/setting module attributes, creating class instances, calls into class member or static functions, and getting/setting class member or static attributes. Data is converted to each environment's native structures, such as mapping Python tuples to TestStand containers. You can also store and reuse Python objects in TestStand object reference variables. Python scripts will run outside the TestStand process, in a separate process that hosts the CPython interpreter. Use the advanced session management options to support running multiple instances of the interpreter to enable parallel testing with Python.

Parametric Sweep and Stream Loop Step Types – The Stream Loop is an enhanced version of the For Each loop in the 2017 Data Streams feature. The loop iterates over an input file and can additionally write to an output csv file each time it reaches the end step, no longer requiring the addition of a Write Record step. Similarly, the new Sweep Loop introduces the ability to specify parameters, and natively sweep over the parameters in TestStand.  

Multicore Scaling Improvements – TestStand 2019 includes extensive optimizations for multicore processors. These improvements can significantly increase throughput for systems with high core counts running short duration tests on multiple UUTs in parallel. Performance improvements depend heavily on the design of your system.

Enhanced Support for LabVIEW – LabVIEW adapter allows you to switch between VI or PPL (packed project libraries) and helps in seamless debugging of PPL. With this new feature, LabVIEW adapter allows you to override the module settings to run either VI or PPL from the adapter configuration dialog for all LabVIEW steps. The adapter also provides the option of auto building the PPL.

Reporting Improvements: Default report formats now include an option to save a PDF copy of the report. The TSGraphControl ActiveX control has been replaced with an HTML5 graph control.

Improved Integration with CVI: When used with CVI 2019 or later, TestStand 2019 supports source code navigation, auto-creation of TestStand Enums from structs, and the ability to distinguish pointers from arrays in the Module tab.

Addition of Quick Drop - You can now use Ctrl+Space to access the quick search dialog box to easily insert steps, sequences, and variables into the Sequence Editor.

Support for NXG 3.0/3.1 

For more information, see the What's New in TestStand 2019 Help

Thanks!

Roxy

TestStand R&D

Message 1 of 8
(3,723 Views)

I have  installed the 2019 (64 bit) version for evaluation but its only given me a TestStand 2019 Debug Deployment licence. This doesn't seem right for evaluation?

regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,656 Views)

@RayFarmer wrote:

I have  installed the 2019 (64 bit) version for evaluation but its only given me a TestStand 2019 Debug Deployment licence. This doesn't seem right for evaluation?

NI can confirm but my understanding is there is not a difference between debug deployment and full TS license other than what you agree to use it for.  Is it restricting you access from anything?  That does seem odd for an evaluation.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,632 Views)

It wasn’t allowing me to create a new step using LabVIEW 2019. 

In the licence manager it shows I have developer rights but I doubt appear to have.

I think I’ll just uninstall it and try again.

not had this problem before.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,619 Views)

I have uninstalled TestStand  2019, deleted the folders that were left. Rebooted my PC for good measure.

Reinstalled TestStand 2019 but when I tried to launch it nothing happened.

Run up the Version Selector and found that only 2017 was available. Ni Licence Manager said I have 2017 and 2019 installed and 28 days of my evaluation was left.

I have unstalled the 2017 version but when this was run it also uninstalled the 2019 version, not seen that before.

I have re-installed 2019 version again. TestStand 2019 still doesn't run.

Launching the Version Selector again I have I have no version of teststand I can launch.

image.png

What the hell is going on.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,544 Views)

I have uninstalled TestStand again. Rebooted the PC. Deleted anything TestStand related entries still in the registry. Deleted any folders left on the PC. ( I think I did this before the registry action). Rebooted. Installed TestStand vi the NI package manager.

This time it has worked.

Although it’s now showing I have limited time left on my evaluation even though it extended the number of days. The LabVIEW is showing 26 days and I installed this the same time as the TestStand (the very first time) so if the TestStand installation is not going to be treated as a new installation and give me the full extended time then it should be showing me the same time left as the LabVIEW.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,526 Views)

Hi Ray,

I sent you a private message to continue the licensing conversation.

Hope you have a great day!

Dane S.
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 7 of 8
(3,500 Views)

Hi Dane,

thanks, I have responded to your DM

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8