NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Deployment Utility Error -19049

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm running into an error when trying to create a deployment of TestStand (process model, UI, etc).  Specifically, I want to install the UI and process model into an absolute path, and that's where I'm running into the issue.  When I install to program files, the deployment works without a problem, however, I run into issues when trying to find files in things like Property Loader and the like. 

To duplicate the problem:  

In the Installer Options tab, "Default Installation Base Directory:" is set to Absolute Path.  And the Default Installation Directory is basically set to anything (I've tried my desired directory, just C:\, and everything in between, but doesn't seem to make a difference)

When building, the Build Status tab shows the error number -19049 with message "Destination not supported under the current bitness" and the message "Default Installation Base Directory: using the following destination System WOW64 Directory"

I'm using TestStand 2014 32-bit with Labview 2015 32-bit on a Windows 7 64-bit OS.  I can't change the bitness of TS or LV because of DLLs I'm referencing that can't be changed.  

Can anyone help? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,111 Views)

In your deployement, what is the installation base  directory you set ? (Installer tab)

It might point on your 'program files' or other system folder specific to 64-bits OS. If so, you should consider forcing the installer to base directory to point on a specific 32-bit folder (Program Files (x86)' for example...

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,103 Views)

The problem arises when I set the installation base directory to absolute.  I've tried pointing that location to the root C directory, an arbitrary folder created with all permissions, and so on.  None of those options work.  

I don't have a problem if I use the Program Files directory, as the Deployment Utility picks the right Program Files folder.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,091 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Seth_K

Hi Seth_K,

This is a known bug which has been fixed in TestStand 2014 SP1; see issue ID 529404 in the 2014 SP1 Bug Fix List:

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/52845/en/

The only known workaround besides upgrading to TestStand 2014 SP1 is to use a relative destination instead of absolute. If upgrading to TestStand 2014 SP1 is not an option, let me know and we can look into other options.

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
Message 4 of 5
(4,086 Views)

Hi Al,

Thanks for the heads up.  I updated and it resolved the issue.  

-Seth

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,066 Views)