Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Termination Monitor in LabVIEW Standalone VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi to all

In my LabVIEW Code Modules I use the Termination Monitor if I use while Loops:

python007_0-1708580657942.png

This is nice when you run the Code Module in TestStand. But in the developmemt or debug process I want to use the Code Module as Standalone LabVIEW VI without TestStand.

If I Run the VI Standalone if gives me an Error because SequenceContext is empty.
What is the best practice to use this VI Standalone? I don't want to insert three cases around the Termnation Monitor VI's to disable them.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(306 Views)

The Termination Monitor needs to know which execution to watch, therefore it needs a reference. 

If you just compile the example code into a standalone, you don't have this reference, so it will error out of course

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(284 Views)

Hi Oli_Wachno thanks for your reply.

@Oli_Wachno wrote:

The Termination Monitor needs to know which execution to watch, therefore it needs a reference. 

If you just compile the example code into a standalone, you don't have this reference, so it will error out of course

That is clear that it needs a reference and that it errors if it don't have this reference.

But my question is how to Build up this vi to use it in TestStand and in LabVIEW as standalone VI?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(243 Views)

You use them in the code modules, that TestStand calls for (long running) tests in order to be able to detect the termination of the master test sequence.

Rather not as a standalone executable.

You can use them in a pre-comiled formn though --> PPL

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(240 Views)

Thanks for your fast reply

In the developmemt and debug process I want to use the Code Module as Standalone LabVIEW VI without TestStand.

I don't want to use it as Standalone executable, just for debug and development I wan't to use it in LabVIEW standalone without the TS overhead.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(236 Views)
Solution
Accepted by python007

In general, this is a good approach. Yet it takes some measures to decouple TestStand and LabVIEW, if TestStand functionality (like the Termination Monitor) is needed in the LabVIEW code module.

Some reference checking and conditional execution of code.

Depends on your concrete use case

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(233 Views)

Thanks for your reply!

I added to the example code a "Not A Number/Path/Refnum? Function" Check:

python007_0-1709019432514.png

That seems to work for me thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(224 Views)