NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand TestExec.exe window minimizes and can't be maximized again?

Hello,

We're having an issue where if the TestExec.exe window gets minimized, it can't be maximized again.  Any ideas?  We haven't been able to nail down exactly what's going on when it happens, so we're not sure if we're inadvertently causing it some how.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,526 Views)

Which version of the User Interface (TestExec.exe) are you using?  Simple or Full-Featured and environment (LabVIEW/C++/etc..) along with if you made any customizations to it would be helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,524 Views)

We're using the Full-Featured CVI version of the Exec with very minor modifications.  We added a few extra pulldowns on the tool bar next to "File" "Edit" and so forth.  I dug around for some more information and learned that NI's original version without any mods does the same thing, so it's most likely not our customization.  I also learned from my co-workers that it only happens on certain computers, while it never happens on others; all with Windows XP service pack 2 or 3.  This may actually be a windows problem and not TestStand...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,510 Views)

Hi fazekasc,

We couldn't reproduce the issue on our side, does the Simple UI also exhibit this behavior?

Thanks!

Chris T.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,478 Views)

It may only happen when I use the "show desktop" button on the windows tool bar...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,468 Views)

Hi fazekasc,

This doesn't happen with the LabVIEW UIs?

Just trying to see if it is a known issue.

Thank you!

Chris T.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,422 Views)

I ran into the same issue, but I was able to resolve this by setting the panel floating style - Always. The problem was occuring when floating style was set to "Never". 

To set this,

1) Double click on your main panel to bring up the "Edit Panel" screen

2) Click "Other Attributes"

3) Change "Floating Style" option to Always

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,273 Views)

Are you referring to the actual TestStand executable window, or a CVI GUI?  The problem I'm having is with the TestStand window.  If that's correct, can you elaborate on your steps?  I've never heard of this "Edit Panel" feature, and can't figure out how to get it open.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,269 Views)

I was referring to a CVI gui Testexec (customized from the Simple OI). The issue is intermittent it appears, and even after the fix I tried, we are still having issues with it. Sorry if I muddled things up for you!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,245 Views)

I think you are correct.  I didn't realize that the test exec was a CVI uir file.  I noticed the CVI project in that User Interfaces folder.  I'm assuming that's where you would make the change you mentioned, right?  Do you only have to make that change on the main panel with the "FILE" tool bar across the top, or some of the other panels as well?  I'm trying to take screen shots, but my computer is acting up.  I'll post them later.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,226 Views)