NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand sequence launchs Labview Window

Solved!
Go to solution

When I open a sequence in TestStand 3.5 consequently Labview is opened. But I have a test bench where this doesn't happen. (note: the bench are software and hardware identical, but assemblied in different moment). Moreover, when I launch my testing application (that recalls a teststand sequence), on the first bench appears always the labview window, while on the second bench none labview window is opened.

I'd like to reproduce the second behaviuor: none labview window is opened.

There is a particular setting in teststand to block the labview window?

Note: the testing application and sequences are the same on the two benchs. The bench setting are identical. I controlled every setting between the two benchs.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,532 Views)

Hi,

More Likely is the Test Bench has the LabVIEW Adaptor set to use the LabVIEW RTE rather than the LabVIEW Development System.

You can check this out by clicking on the Configuration Menu Item in TestStand and Selecting Configure Adaptors. Select the LabVIEW Adaptor, then you will beable to review or change this setting.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 12
(4,532 Views)

Hi,

I have already verified this setting. But the question is that when I open a sequence with TestStand, then on the first bench no labview window appears while on the second bench it appears.

The Labview adapter (7.1 development) is to set equally on the two benchs.

All setting on the two benchs are identical. I verified all it.

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,520 Views)

Typically, simply launching TestStand shouldn't automatically launch LabVIEW. LabVIEW typically launches when a LabVIEW code module (VI) is loaded into memory. (Unless you are using a LabVIEW Operator Interface).

Opening an actual sequence on the other hand is a different story, because TestStand will load code modules into memory based on the load/unload options for the code moduels. By default, TestStand loads code modules when you start an execution, however, there are other options as well including "On Sequence File Load". With this setting, when the sequence file is loaded, the code modules are also loaded, which will open up LabVIEW.

This setting can be set at the Sequence File level (Edit>>Sequence File Properties) or the Step level (Step Settings Pane >> Properties >> Run Options).

Are you opening the same sequence file on both machines as well? Maybe one of them has a different load/unload option set.

Jervin Justin
NI TestStand Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,474 Views)

Simply launching TestStand, Labview is not launched (obviously).

The problem is when I open the same sequence on two identical testing benchs. (The benchs are identical in hardware, in software and in setting configuration.)

On the first bench, Teststand doesn't launch any labview windows, while on the second bench Teststand opens labview window. (Note: the sequence are identical, the settings are equal. The benchs test the same product. The first bench is our master, the second bench is the copy sold to our customers). Moreover, I tried to copy the "Teststand/Cfg" folder from the first bench on the second bench, but the behaviour doesn't change. 

The software configuration is TestStand 3.5 and Labview 7.1 (development environment).

I need to solve this troubleshooting

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,463 Views)

Hi,

Is the process model sequence the same and does the process model have any labVIEW steps?

Try on the problem system, enabling all the tracing and set to halt on the first step and see if you can identify where labview is launched. If you have only used the default load setting, then it will be the first VI to be called.

Is the second system a Deployed system or a full TestStand installation?

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 6 of 12
(4,461 Views)

There is a setting that I just found out about in the LabVIEW.ini file.  It disables the Getting Started Window dialog on LabVIEW 8.6.  It might work on LabVIEW 7.1 and may be present on one of your two test computers.

Can I Disable the LabVIEW Getting Started Window On A Macintosh?

The setting is "showNoNavDialog". Look on your computer that is behaving as desired and see if this setting was added (would be set to TRUE).

\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW x.x\LabVIEW.ini

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,449 Views)

Hi,

the suite software is equal on the two benchs, so they have installed TestStand development.

Moreover, I create a dummy sequence with only a single action step (that calls a VI). Then, I removed the VI from hard disk. The dummy sequence has Load Option sets to "Preload when opening sequence".

So, when I open the dummy sequence on the master bench, TestStand requires to find the VI, then I cancel the operation, the dummy sequence is opened, but no labview window appears.

While, when I open the dummy sequence on the copy bench, TestStand open the labview window, then requires to find the VI, then I cancel the operation, the dummy sequence is opened, and the labview window remains.

So, the problem is why TestStand has a different behaviour on the two benchs?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,426 Views)

Hi,

the problem isn't labview, but why TestStand on the first bench doesn't call Labview, while on the second bench it calls Labview.

I tried the setting "showNoNavDialog", but on the application bar is still present the labview windows (even if there is no control on this tab).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,424 Views)

Hi,

Did you create the dummy sequence on one system and copy it to the other or did you do the following on both systems?

[Moreover, I create a dummy sequence with only a single action step (that calls a VI). Then, I removed the VI from hard disk. The dummy sequence has Load Option sets to "Preload when opening sequence".]

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,405 Views)