NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unload after sequence executes for Asynchronous VI

Hello All,

I have a code module VI, which is reused repeatedly in my test sequence.  I run it asynchronously, perform some other test actions and then stop the VI (with TestStand Property Object calls).  Then I repeat this process several other times in the test sequence.  My question is related to the "Unload Option" for this particular VI.  I am not allowed to change it from "Unload after step executes".  Is this by design?  It seems to me I would want to wait until the sequence completes before I unload it.  If it is unloaded after the step executes, then how do I comunicate with it?  Please clarify the functionality.  Thanks.

GSinMN   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,203 Views)
The unload option may seem a bit misleading, but since it's a "Run VI Asynchronously" step, the execution will continue while the VI executes. Once the VI stops execution, it will be unloaded from memory.

Potentially, you could keep the VI running and use a queue or notifier to pause/unpause or update data in the VI as needed. This way, you could kick off the VI at the beginning, either with a Run VI Asynchronously step or a Sequence Call in a new thread, and just send messages to it throughout the test sequence to change its status as needed.

Regards,

Brandon V.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments 
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,061 Views)