NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a problem was encountered with one of the files in TestStand\AdapterSupport\LabVIEW directory

Solved!
Go to solution

When looking at the module for a LabVIEW VI being called from TestStand, I get the following message:

A problem was encountered with one of the files in TestStand\AdapterSupport\LabVIEW directory.  Please reinstall it or repair it.

I made the mistake of cleaning up C: in my computer.  Cleaning C:\National Instruments Downloads

Why would someone put bits of applications or modules, etc in such a directory?

I am not too crazy about restoring 11GB back into that folder.  That's just insane!

Has anyone encountered this before?  Any "easy" solutions? apart from re-installing TS...

Side note:  I did not touch anything in the \Program Files|National Instruments\TestStand\AdapterSupport\LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,871 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Ray.R

What version of LabVIEW and TestStand are you using?

In 2012 TestStand that directory is mapped to: 

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2012\AdapterSupport\LabVIEW

Did you try mass compiling the VIs in this folder?

I have had to create a new 'TestStand - Default Values XX.llb' file where XX is the latest version of LabVIEW you are using, but I have not seen that message before.

Good luck,

PH

Message 2 of 3
(2,860 Views)

Thanks PH,

I also had that.  Fixed it. 

I will not remove the ones in the NI downloads folder.

I will eventually need to remap everything to the appropriate drive. 

I partition the drives into:

C:\     Windows and associated folders.  Mostly OS stuff

E:\     Applications (this is where it will end up)

F:\     Files

G:\    Storage

H:\    Backups

I try to do what I normally implement in Linux.  I hate sharing the OS with everything else.

Cheers,

RayR

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,851 Views)