NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add model number

Solved!
Go to solution

I modified the UUT container and adding model number to the UUT container.

At the end of the Test UUT,

there is a text file report

with Station ID and UUT serial number on the next line

I would like to add UUT model number on the line

I can access both the UUT number and UUT model because I made them file access level.

but I don't know where or how to modify the test report header

I can add to it using modify test report header, but that does not modify the section begins with *****  and ends with **** with the Station ID and serial number inside the section.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,266 Views)

Hi Trout00,

I assume you are writting you own model

I think the best would be to post your model here so the members here can take a look on it and give some

hints whats going wrong.

Greetings

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,259 Views)
Solution
Accepted by trout00

Hello trout00,

Thank you for posting on the NI Discussion Forums.  You were on the right track by modifying the ModfiyReportHeader callback in the process model, but whatever you set the parameter ReportHeader to is literally what the report header becomes.  Therefore, if you set Parameters.ReportHeader to “Test1”, the entire report header will be “Test1”.

You can add things to the end of the existing report header inserting a Statement step into the ModifyReportHeader callback, and using the expression “Parameters.ReportHeader += “Test1” to add the line “Test1” to the end of the existing header (after the last set of ***** stars).

If you want to add elements to the header in between the stars, you must do a little more digging.   

For ASCII text reporting, by default, the header comes from the AddReportHeader sequence from within ReportGen_txt.seq, which can be found in the <TestStand>\Components\Models\TestStandModels directory.  If you look at this sequence, you will see that each step adds a line to this report, and creates what you see in between (and including) the two lines of “*****” stars.

If you want to add information to the report header for every UUT that runs, then copy ReportsGen_txt.seq over to the <TestStand Public>\Components\Models directory to override the copy found in the <TestStand> directory.  You can then modify the AddReportHeader sequence to insert any other information you would like in between the “*****” lines.

If, on the other hand, you wish to only modify the report generated for a specific sequence file, you should just insert a sequence into the sequence file and name it “ModifyReportHeader” (you can also right-click in the Sequences pane and select Sequence File Callbacks… to add the ModifyReportHeader callback), and anything run in this sequence will over-ride the default ModifyReportHeader sequences underneath it.  This would only modify the report headers for the sequence file, instead of the reports headers for all sequence files.

Chris_G
Sr Test Engineer
Medtronic, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
(3,241 Views)