NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cvi does not break at the set break point on the code when running test stand test sequence

Solved!
Go to solution

I just started using test stand and I am using it with CVI. I'm running test stand version 4.2.1.   I'm currently trying to setup my "*.c files" to the proper project file to compile and run under test stand's simple testexec and also tried the normal sequence editor. Currently, I have moved all the supporting *.c & *.h files to the same directory where the testexec.c is located ...not sure if this is the best place to put it?... It seems to run OK. However,  I having some problems once the program runs. It is showing the panels invoked in my CVI functions but it also shows non fatal run-time error: "Unknown source position, Library function error, Panel, menu bar, control, or array handle is invalid" before and after panels pop-up. I tried to break point the line of code in CVI file under the project to get more data about the error but it seems that the break point is not being invoked like it is NOT running under debug mode in CVI and instead an executable. All the function installed on the project file are *.c and not *.obj . I appreciate anyones help and giving me guidance. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,499 Views)

Have you followed these steps for both CVI and TestStand?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0C0EBF781B7702E886257620005368B5

Regards,

Brandon V.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,470 Views)

Sorry I have not I will give it a try. However, is building a DLL in CVI the only way to debug (eg recognize breakpoints set in CVI function) in the CVI program  while executing in test stand...or is there another way  using the *.c file as I have declared in the step module in test stand setup?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,451 Views)
Solution
Accepted by DF1

DLL's are the only way to interact with C/C++ code in TestStand, yes.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,424 Views)