NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

step status in runstate tree?

Hi,

Is there a single place in the runstate tree that holds the step properties (status, result etc) of the step just executed, that is independent of where the step lies in the sequence heirarchy?  That is, is there a single place I can look for the current step status, no matter where that step is in the sequence tree?  Or do I need to know where in the heirarchy the step lies, in order to examing the appropriate item in runstate, or locals.resultlist for that matter, to check it's status?  It would be useful because I want to save information to frames of a video, and key on the step failures.  I'm trying to build a kind of "metadata" file to go along with the video, that contains the current teststand status in every frame, from within a labview vi.  I have an alternate way to do this in mind, just I was curious if this way is possible (just looking at a single place in the runstate tree for the current step status). Hope this makes sense.

Dave J.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,004 Views)

Would "runstate.previousstep.result" give you the functionality you had in mind?

Michael Keane
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,969 Views)

Ya actually it probably would.  But I notice when running the vi that I want to read this value asynchronously, occasionaly the property becomes invalid temporarily for some reason.  If I put it in the watchlist while running a sequence I see flashes of it being invalid.  Probably depends on the sequence context.  I may just create a string in globals and copy the status to there using a callback.  That is my plan b.  Thanks for the input.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,966 Views)