Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J1939 Add-on Feedback

DM30.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 141 of 175
(1,796 Views)

J1939 source build error.PNG

I got this error while attempting to build the most recent source in LV2015. Any tips on how to fix?

0 Kudos
Message 142 of 175
(1,796 Views)

Is there a way to import a CAN frame on the incoming and outgoing side?

0 Kudos
Message 143 of 175
(1,796 Views)

broken vi in rt engine.PNG

Digging further down I found this...

0 Kudos
Message 144 of 175
(1,796 Views)

The type coming from the invoke VI reference node and the diagnostic data indicator look pretty much the same. Is there a way to force labview to cast one type to the other? This is preventing the Engine from building.

0 Kudos
Message 145 of 175
(1,796 Views)

OK, so the Diag Data Ref is really just a strictly-typed VI Reference underneath. There has to be some way to convert the VI Ref coming out of the node to the Diag Data Ref indicator...

0 Kudos
Message 146 of 175
(1,796 Views)

OK I solved the issue.

The underlying VI Interface Types seemed to be "off by one type". The Diag Data Ref type's underlying VI Interface Type was 1, it needed to be set to 2. The same sort of update was done for the Scale Ref typedef. Also, I needed to add the NationalInstruments.VeriStand.SystemDefinitionAPI.dll to the J1939 System Definition library. Everything is building with no errors for LV2015.

0 Kudos
Message 147 of 175
(1,796 Views)

No, there is not currently.  You can read or write but not both.

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
Embedded and Industrial Control
0 Kudos
Message 148 of 175
(1,796 Views)

I am glad you solved the issue.  I also found this problem when I upgraded to 2015.  I made a change to the latest version of the source code on GitHub (https://github.com/NIVeriStandAdd-Ons/J1939-Custom-Device) that removes this problem from happening in the future.  It basically uses data references instead of VI references to perform the same functions.

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
Embedded and Industrial Control
0 Kudos
Message 149 of 175
(1,796 Views)

OK. So the most recent source is on GitHub. I will download and build with that tomorrow.

Another question: When setting up a project in VeriStand with the J1939 Addon, is it necessary to add a CAN port under Hardware?

0 Kudos
Message 150 of 175
(1,796 Views)