NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLSC EDS Plugin Custom Device Feedback

Welcome to the SLSC EDS Plugin Custom Device feedback forum for the SLSC Electronic Datasheet (EDS) Plugin Custom Device:
Please  provide questions or comments with regards to this custom device in this forum.
Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,990 Views)

hi

I'm trying to use the SLSC EDS VCD. Unfortunately, i don't have any SLSC chassis or module for the moment. So i downloaded the code and tried to add it in Veristand. 

I added a SLSC chassis, when i select the EDS module, i tell "Chassis is not responding". Which is correct (cause i dont have any chassis). A popup ask me if i want to load a capabilities file. The problem is i dont know where to find this file. I didn't found any .bin or .json file in the directory.

By the way i have another question, if we create ou SLSC board, where do we define the properties and the commands ? We can create a json file and download it to the SLSC NVEM ?

Thanks in advance for your answers ...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,286 Views)

Unfortunately, this forum is no longer actively monitored. For issues with the Custom Device (as well as the latest release versions), please see the GitHub repository linked below.

However, there is not an option for easy offline configuration of your SLSC modules using this Custom Device. Please contact NI Support for module specific questions or about creating your own SLSC modules using the Module Development Kit.

https://github.com/ni/niveristand-slsc-eds-custom-device

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,228 Views)

And just adding to the comment above, for the "offline" configuration, you can request from the owner of the SLSC device to provide you the "Capability File" and the SLSC EDS Custom Device can read that file. This should allow you to read all information. And, in general, the best way to use this is to access the "online" information from it and, then, save that configuration for offline setup. This file is transferable between systems. 

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,225 Views)