ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scales improvement (for Strain Gauges and Accelerometers) and EtherCAT Custom Device

Dear Collegues,

the Scales of Veristand 2012 are really useful, expecially in addressing Test Benches Automation and Control: since is valuable taking advantage of the EtherCAT I/O expansions, I'd strongly suggest an improvement of the scales in order to take into account the integration of Strain Gauges (NI 9237) and Accelerometers (NI 9234).

In particular:

- it's feasibile associating a Scale to each EtheCAT I/O channel (although it sounds like not native, because there's no "create scale" button beside the physical channels, as for DAQ and FGPA boards...)

BUT there is no scale suited to strain, for instance (just lookup table, map ranges, poly and thermocouple)

- I understand that there're the calculated channels Veristand, but it's quite unconfortable scaling channels in different way withing the same system

What do you think of improving NI Veristand Scales for SG and Acc sensors, and pursuing complete integration of the scales with EtherCAT Custom Device?

Thanks so much

Ciao

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,748 Views)