NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan Engine & EtherCAT Custom Device Feedback

Can not believe this but deleting the config folder and restarting worked.... I cant believe this has to be a step in between to do upgrade. Thank you for the help. I hope I do not run into more issues. This was the first step of deployment

0 Kudos
Message 401 of 676
(606 Views)

wow thats awesome. So sorry for the trouble. Glad we could find a solution

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 402 of 676
(606 Views)

Just FYI, I'm getting an error when I press the Clear Configuration button for my User Defined Variables.

Clear_FPGA_error.png

My custom FPGA is also not recognizing the 9211 in slot 4, but it recognizes 1-3. 1-4 are also in Scan Mode. 5 is in hybrid.

National Instruments
Senior Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 403 of 676
(606 Views)

How tough would it be to add support for the 9244 and 9238 modules?  Im trying to decide if I need to invest the time into writing FPGA code for them.

Aaron Smith
0 Kudos
Message 404 of 676
(606 Views)

Sarci1,

I can't reproduce that error so there must be something different between our systems. Can you post a MAX report? Is this a local chassis or 9144?

For reference I have RIO 14.0 and ECAT 14.0 installed

Can you use the attached exe to try to get more info about why the VI is broken? Just run it, then paste in the path of the broken VI and run it again

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 405 of 676
(606 Views)

Hi Mr221,

Neither of those modules are supported by scan engine itself, so they will unfortunately have to be used in FPGA mode.

ftp://ftp.ni.com/pub/gdc/tut/crio_software_versions.htm

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 406 of 676
(606 Views)

Thanks Stephen,  I thought that would be the case with the 9244.  I dont see the 9238 in that document anywhere.  The module is very similar to the 9239, I was hoping that there was a chance that it would be possible to update the custom device to add support for that module.

Aaron Smith
0 Kudos
Message 407 of 676
(606 Views)

I noticed that too. I had to look at internal documentation that stated it was FPGA only for now. Perhaps that external doc will be updated soon

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 408 of 676
(606 Views)

I am having an odd issue with the 9214 module when in Scan Mode.  The module will report 2510 deg F on channel 0 when no thermocouples are plugged in (channels configured for Type J and Deg F).  If I plug in thermocouples sequentially to the module, all channels will report the correct temp.  If I omit a channel, that channel will read 2510 deg F and every channel after that one will report 0 deg F.  The module is configured in High Accurancy mode with OTD enabled and defaults set to 0.  I have confirmed that NI-RIO 14.0.1 and NI-RIO IO Scan 14.0.1 are installed on the controller.  Any thoughts on what is causing this? 

Aaron Smith
0 Kudos
Message 409 of 676
(606 Views)

Hi Mr221,

I have had this same issue with 9213, and it is due to a driver “improvement” I think in 2012 that passes an error when an open thermocouple is detected. Unfortunately the error stops the scan after the OTD and the rest of the channels read 0. The 2510F is what an open TC will give you, an error is thrown and the scan is stopped, the rest of the channels read 0. When I talked to NI they said a new driver was going to be released in early 2014 to allow the error to be ignored and keep scanning, but I don’t know when it will be out or if this Custom device will be updated to use it.

Message 410 of 676
(606 Views)