NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan Engine & EtherCAT Custom Device Feedback

Hey Vincent!

We have seen this on several different sets of hardware. All running NI VeriStand 2015 SP1. Setting the delay after load up to 10 seconds had no effect.

• System 1
    • 9024 controller and 9116 chassis
    • Bitfile required to use the 9862. Rest of modules in scan mode. Bitfile is an empty VI.
    • Specifying the bitfile in both the scan engine custom device and xnet port caused error at deploy.
    • Specifying the bitfile in just xnet or just scan engine caused error at deploy
    • Specifying the bitfile in just scan engine, and modifying the sysdef xml to move the custom device section above the hardware section worked
  • System 2
    • 9066 controller
    • 5x 9485
    • The 9229 is used in FPGA mode to DMA high speed data up to the host. The FPGA custom device from github is used to read that into a veristand waveform.
    • Bitfile is specified in both the scan engine custom device and the FPGA custom device.
    • If the scan engine custom device is first in the sysdef XML, error 65700 at deploy.
      • Note this KB exists on that error. I tried both things. They did not work. In fact, the second suggestion (erase firmware) causes the 9066 to no longer work in scan mode through veristand ever again. Even without a bitfile. You always get error 65587. Strangely it works in LabVIEW. I tried reinstalling RIO and Scan to the target, that did not fix it. I reformated the target, that did not fix it. I eventually had to take a system image of a working 9066 and flash it onto this 9066 to get scan engine through veristand working again. So basically never do what that KB says!
    • Modifying the sysdef XML so the scan engine custom device is below the FPGA custom device works.
  • System 3
    • 3x 9205
    • 2x 9403
    • Bitfile used for some custom FPGA digital logic on 9403 modules. Rest of modules in scan mode.
    • Specifying the bitfile in both the scan engine custom device and xnet port caused error at deploy.
    • Specifying the bitfile in just scan engine, and modifying the sysdef xml to move the custom device section above the hardware section worked
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 591 of 676
(1,709 Views)

HI Vincent,

Here is a screen shot of the chassis in MAX. Everything works using this setup with the PXI-8231 as the Ethercat Master from LabView. It's only when I use it within Veristand that it causes a problem. The ScanEngine Custom device works fine when using a cRIO-9022 as the and Etheract master.

When the PXI-8231 is installed in the chassis, the deployment reaches the 'Stating Deployment group 1...' then throws the error I referenced above.

PXIe-1062Q_Max.png

Thanks

Stuart

0 Kudos
Message 592 of 676
(1,711 Views)

I want to deploy a FMU model generated by Dymola into NI .I use FMI add-on file to veristand .but it fail when I deploy ,the error message show  as below .

NI VeriStand Gateway.lvlib:VeriStand Server Wrapper.vi >> NI VeriStand Server.lvlib:NI VeriStand Server.vi >> Waveform Services.lvlib:Clear Active Streams.vi >> Server TCP Interface.lvlib:TCP Send Target System Command.vi:5680001 >> Server TCP Interface.lvlib:TCP Send Target Message.vi:890001

0 Kudos
Message 593 of 676
(1,711 Views)

smurf1989,

I don't think this question belongs into this discussion thread as it doesn't seem to be related to Scan Engine & EtherCAT custom device. Please use the official VeriStand support channel -> http://sine.ni.com/psp/app/doc/p/id/psp-904/lang/en -> Ask an engineer

Thanks

Andreas

Andreas Stark
LabVIEW Lead @ Rocket Factory Augsburg
0 Kudos
Message 594 of 676
(1,711 Views)

Hi Stuart,

Could you send me the NI-VeriStand Project, please?

If you cannot post it on the forum, send it to me via a private message, please.

Regards

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 595 of 676
(1,711 Views)

To forum users,

We discussed that with Stuart (posts #587 and 591) and root cause was discovered. It was not related to that CD.

Regards

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 596 of 676
(1,711 Views)

Thank you !

fc1989123@163.com

Date: 2016-10-12 20:32

To: smurf1989

Subject: - Re: Scan Engine & EtherCAT Custom Device Feedback

NI Community

Re: Scan Engine & EtherCAT Custom Device Feedback

created by Andreas Stark in NI VeriStand Add-Ons - View the full discussion

smurf1989,

I don't think this question belongs into this discussion thread as it doesn't seem to be related to Scan Engine & EtherCAT custom device. Please use the official VeriStand support channel -> http://sine.ni.com/psp/app/doc/p/id/psp-904/lang/en -> Ask an engineer

Thanks

Andreas

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community

Start a new discussion in NI VeriStand Add-Ons by email or at Community

0 Kudos
Message 597 of 676
(1,711 Views)

Hello,

with version 4.3 of the Scan Engine and EtherCAT custom device a support for 3rd Party EtherCAT Slaves is added.

What does this mean?

- Is it possibel to add 3rd party c-modules into the 9144 EtherCAT slave chassis?

- Is it possible to add 3rd party EtherCAT slaves like the Beckhoff EK1100 EtherCAT coupler?

Thanks.

Schragner

0 Kudos
Message 598 of 676
(1,687 Views)

I have three simulator setups that are using the custom device. I have a PXI chassis with a Pharlap realtime controller. On one of the simulators I am able to run the project and get data from the input cards in the three 9144 etherCAT chassis and create outputs on the output cards. But I can not revert them to scan mode or load a new FPGA file. It gives the error that is attached. It is error 132465, Master 0 not found. On the other two simulators running the same project and having the same custom device files in the NI VeriStand folder I am able to reconfigure the FPGA on the three chasis. I am running VeriStand 2015 SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 599 of 676
(1,681 Views)

Hello all,

It seems like the link for to download the latest custom device is offline.
Feel free to try:

NI VeriStand 2016 with NI-RIO 16.0+ and EtherCAT 16.0+:

Scan Engine and EtherCAT 2016 v4.3

Kind Regards,
Thierry

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 600 of 676
(1,673 Views)