NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeriStand Steps for TestStand Feedback

Hi everyone,

I've posted up an updated version of the steps which support VeriStand 2015 and TestStand 2014 SP1.  Enjoy!

Kyle

Message 111 of 292
(949 Views)

Veristand Teststand error.jpg

Hello,

I am getting the above error in Teststand every time that I press the "Configure Channel" button on any of the Veristand steps. Everything has been working fin until now. I am hoping that someone might know how to fix this. I am sort of stuck at the moment. Thanks...

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 112 of 292
(949 Views)

Dan,

Based on the .NET Exception you have shown, it appears that during initialization of the Channel Browser control on the dialog a call is made to one of the VeriStand native assemblies (NationalInstruments.VeriStand.SystemStorageUI). However, the assembly is not able to load or is missing from your machine.

Can you confirm that NationalInstruments.VeriStand.SystemStorageUI (13.0.0.0 with the Public Key Token matching from the error) is in your GAC (C:\Windows\assembly)?

-Jeff Langston

0 Kudos
Message 113 of 292
(949 Views)

Teststand 2.jpg

Hi Jeff,

Thanks so much for your help. I went to the directory that you specified. And it looks like that file in not present. If this is the problem, how would I get that file to where it needs to be? Is it possible that the Teststand / Veristand add on has become corrupted and needs to be re-installed, or is is something more simple. Thanks again...

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 114 of 292
(949 Views)

Dan,

What versions of the following software do you have installed?

1. TestStand

2. VeriStand

3. VeriStand Custom Step Types for TestStand

I am wondering if there is somehow a version mismatch in one of the these software components on your machine. If you've recently updated any of the above software versions without updating another dependent software component, you may see unexpected behavior.

If all of your software versions are correct and have not been updated lately, I might suggest a repair of your VeriStand installation in case the assemblies are missing for some reason.

-Jeff Langston

0 Kudos
Message 115 of 292
(949 Views)

Hello,

I just tried to use this with TestStand 2014 32-bit and NI VeriStand 2015, but when I enable the silent option on Start VeriStand, it throws an error saying file not found. Can you take a look at this? And also the other silent functions? I'm afraid that if the first one I tried didn't work, none of them work. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 116 of 292
(949 Views)

OK I figured it out. There were two things

• The path in 'start veristand' was somehow a path to NI VeriStand 2013, which I don't even have installed.
  • The 'connect' substep inside 'silent connect' step
    • was this: #NoValidation(FileGlobals.Veristand.SystemDefinitionPath)
    • should have been this: #NoValidation(Evaluate(FileGlobals.Veristand.SystemDefinitionPath))

Also note that I'm using these low level 'silent' calls because the 'visible' flag on the "Initialize VeriStand" doesnt seem to work right. The splash screen for veristand shows up, the getting started window, the veristand icon appears in the task bar... so its not invisible. Then when 'stop veristand' is called, the workspace flashes open, and then hangs. So the visible flag doesnt seem to work.

So the silent low level calls are what I want.

After making those modifications, these works fine:

• Setup
    • Start veristand (silent == true)
    • Wait 15 seconds
    • Open references
    • Silent connect
  • Main
    • My tests
  • Cleanup
    • Silent Disconnect
    • Stop Silent Gateway
0 Kudos
Message 117 of 292
(949 Views)

I should also noteI need the 15 second wait after calling start veristand when silent is true, because the start veristand call proceeds asynchronously, but when silent is false, it is synchronous and I dont need the wait. Can that be fixed?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 118 of 292
(949 Views)

Thanks, AR_15_Builder. 

All of this is good feedback. The different execution style is a bit puzzling - glad you caught that.  We'll add those to the bug list.

Thanks!

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 119 of 292
(949 Views)

Hello,

Just a quick question. We are using the Log function to create a TDMS file. We are then using a Labview .vi to manipulate that data, and bring results back into Teststand. Here is the problem. Everything works fine the first time that the Teststand sequence is run. But the next time the sequence is run, the .TDMS file is already there, so a "_1.TDMS" is appended to the file name, and a new file is written. Then the rest of the sequence cannot find the file, as the filename is changed. Is there an easy way to tell Teststand to overwrite that same file each time instead? I have been trying to work this from the Labview side, with deleting the file after I get the data that I need, but I am running into permissions problems. Plus telling Teststand to overwrite the same file seems like a much better idea. Thanks....

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 120 of 292
(949 Views)