cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1409 PXI backplane trigger

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have one pxi 1033 chassis with PXI 1409, PXI 5105 installed. I wanna route a trigger signal from PXI 1409 to the backplane RTSI bus, and then use this RTSI bus trigger signal to trigger PXI 5105 as a start trigger. PXI 5105 PFI is already occupied by the synchronization ref signal. So this is the only way to configure the start trigger signal for 5105. I'm using C++. However, after reading through the function reference and the examples coming with 1409, there seems not such a function to perform this routing task. Is it possible for 1409 and 1033 to do this? If possible, anyone could provide me with a short example? Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Bin 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,499 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Binar

Hi Binar,

You will be able to drive a trigger over the RTSI lines with your PXI 1409. If you look at this knowledgebase article, you'll see that the 1409 is one of 5 boards that have RTSI triggering capabilities. That being said, if you look in the NIIMAQFunctionReference document, you'll be able to find information on the necessary trigger functions under NI-IMAQ Functions>>High-Level Functions>>Signal I/O Functions. In particular, you'll need to look at the imgSessionTriggerDrive2 and the imgSessionTriggerRoute2 functions.

Paul M

National Instruments | Applications Engineer | www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,470 Views)

Hello Paul,

You guys are always helpful. I successfully route the trigger signal to RTSI 0. Everything works perfectly now. Thank you so much.

Regards,

Bin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,462 Views)