cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection between Arbitrary Waveform, NI FPGA PXI 7841R and an Oscilloscope

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Family,

I am working on generation of abitrary waveform generator with limited knowledge on connection and setting up of NI equipment.

I have a non NI arbitrary waveform generator that is used to generate a programmed waveshape. I want to be able to feed this signal from one of the channels of the arbitrary waveform generator to one of the I/Os on the NI PXI 7841R FPGA. However, I don't know how to do this connection since the two devices have different connections. Aside these I also have an NI PXI 5154 digitizer and 2 SCB 68A connectors.

Also, I will like to get the processed signal through LabVIEW on the FPGA from the output of the FPGA to the input on the oscilloscope. The oscilloscope is also a non NI oscilloscope.

What connectors will I need to be able to achieve a connection between the standalone non NI arbitrary waveform generator and PXI 7841R FPGA and also between the FPGA and a standalone non NI oscilloscope.

In short, I want connectors to be able to implement this block diagram per the attached image.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(231 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lquarshie

NI 78xx Models: R Series Cable and Accessory Compatibility

Connect SHC68-68-RMIO and SCB-68A to PXI-7841R.

Use BNC-to-Wire connector to connect the waveform generator and oscilloscope to the SCB-68A terminal block.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(193 Views)

I tried to get the FPGA to be able to output 1 from a Control with input as 1 on an Indicator but got the error attached as the image.

What am I doing wrong? I tried changing the name of the resource to the FPGA's name but also got another error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(113 Views)