PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI Error

I've recently started playing around with NI-IMAQdx, and something is getting messed up with my PXI system. This is the second time it's happened and here is a copy of the console output:

----------------------------------------------

Datalight Reliance v2.10.1053
Copyright (c) 2003-2006 Datalight, Inc.

LabVIEW Real-Time Executive
Build Time: Dec 10 2010 17:44:27
(C) Copyright 2002-2010 National Instruments Corporation

MAX system identification name: GenStand-02

LabVIEW Real-Time SMP Kernel: CPU cores found: 4
Initializing network...
Device 1 - MAC addr: 00:80:2F:12:27:00 - 172.30.8.204 /23 (primary - static)
Device 2 - MAC addr: 00:80:2F:12:66:B2 - disabled
System Web Server started
NI-RIO Server 3.6 started successfully.

Welcome to LabVIEW Real-Time 10.0.1

NI-VISA Server 5.0 started successfully.
NI Variable Engine: Error: Unable to load the MXS configuration plugIn: Failed to
 get MAX Configuration interface for Tagger: 0x8004032a
NI Variable Engine: Error: c:\ni-rt\system\ni_tagger_plugin_mxs.dll: Failure to l
oad plugin: Unexpected Error: Unable to get the Interface from the plug-in.
[nidevldp--267--tDeviceLoader.cpp----------------] NIDEVLD FATAL ERROR: failed to connect to MXS!
[nidevldp--268--tDeviceLoader.cpp----------------] MAX configuration files may be corrupt
[nidevldp--269--tDeviceLoader.cpp----------------] status=
tStatus2 Contents:
    Error Code = -2147220694
    Component Name = nidevldp
    File Name = p:\Measurements\Infrastructure\devld\trunk\1.12\source\nidevld\mxsConfigWrapper.cpp
    Line Number = 55
    Addressof Status Description = 0x0
    Stack Trace =
        0x39BA454
        0x399D7E0
        0x39A29C6
        0x399E16F
        0x399DF5A
        0x1D6645
        0x101BE5
        0x0
        0x0
        0x0

----------------------------------------------

Any ideas on how to fix the error? Last time I just reformatted and reinstalled everything.

What am I doing wrong to cause the problem?

Also, I get this error screen when I try to expand the Devices and Interfaces (image attached)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,083 Views)

Hi Kevin,

How often do you see this behavior?  Is it reproducible in a predictable way?  Or does it happen randomly?

The error that you're seeing seems to originate from a corrupted MAX Database.  Let's reset your MAX configuration.  If you're using MAX 5.0, you can click "Tools >> Reset Configuration Data" (see screenshot).  Alternatively, you can use the MAX database corruption removal tool.

Regards,

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 9
(6,066 Views)

The problem occurs on the RT, because from any PC when I try to access the Device and Interfaces I get an error.

It has happened twice, but I don't know why, and it's been a pain to correct the problem. I've just fixed it by reformatting the RT and reinstalling stuff. Does resetting the configuration data apply if the problem was on the RT?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,062 Views)

I looked into it further, and I found the following article

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1E06DC0A338A52E886256FF2006C10E1?OpenDocument

It looks like something corrupted the database on the RT side.  You can follow the procedure to delete the corrupted files.

Are you by any chance doing a lot of file I/O?  Did this error happen after a power surge?  Did it happen when the PXI got powered off accidentally?

Regards,

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,048 Views)

I can't remember what happened exactly. I think that my RT froze when trying to use the IMAQdx with a GigE camera, and so I had to turn it off and turn it back on manually.

If I get the problem again. I will try the steps in that article. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,034 Views)

I got the same error on my Real-Time PXI controller and the same pop-up message on NI-MAX when trying to expand the Devices.  To be safe, I uninstalled and reinstalled LabVIEW on my Host and reformatted and reinstall software on the Real-Time PXI controller.  It's my first time getting this error and I'm not quite sure how I got it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,720 Views)

Hi SmpILbV123,

Did reformatting of your software on your RT PXI controller help resolve this error?  If not, please follow the steps in my previous posts and let me know your current status.

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,707 Views)

I proceeded to re-format the PXI Controller harddisk and reinstalled LabVIEW RT software.  Everything works now, so far.  I decided to do a fresh reinstall 1) To be safe to ensure nothing else is corrupted 2) Familiar with the process 3) It's relatively quick to reformat and reinstall LabVIEW RT software. 

I think I know how you can reproduce this error.  There are two methods that you can reproduce this.  Eventhough it is completely user's error.  But for kicks, see steps below.

Using LabVIEW 2009 SP1 on Windows XP.

Method 1:

1) Set your Windows system time to somewhere in the future (a year out)

2) Install and activate LabVIEW on your Windows system

3) Open MAX and install your PXI Controller with LabVIEW RT

4) Set your Windows System time back to current time

5) Open MAX and expand the "+" on Devices and Interfaces of your Remote System (Your PXI Real-Time Controller)

a) you will get a pop-up error on MAX

6) Reboot your PXI Real-Time Controller and you will get Error Code = -2147220694 on the Real-Time terminal

Method 2:

1) Install LabVIEW on Windows (with current system time) and deactivate all licenses from NI License Manager

2) Open MAX and install your PXI Controller with LabVIEW RT (don't know why NI allows for LabVIEW RT install when all licenses are expired)

4) Reactivate LabVIEW with proper licenses on Windows

5) Open MAX and re-install your PXI Controller with LabVIEW RT

5) Open MAX and expand the "+" on Devices and Interfaces of your Remote System (Your PXI Real-Time Controller)

a) you will get a pop-up error on MAX

6) Reboot your PXI Real-Time Controller and you will get Error Code = -2147220694 on the Real-Time terminal

AGAIN, completely User's Error. 🙂

Message 8 of 9
(5,687 Views)

Hi SmpILbV123,

Thanks for the detailed explanation on how to reproduce this!  This will be a very useful reference for my colleagues and I when we see other customers experience this error.  It'll also help other forum members.

Cheers!

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,674 Views)