cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming data using two or more frequency bands in RFSG PXIe-5646R

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am a newbie in Labview. I am trying to implement frequency division multiplexing in Labview. Recently I tried to use two band to transmit text file then I found error in niRFSG Write ARB Waveform about FIFO session while trying to run the VI. I am using Labview 2014 and PXIe 5646R. Could you please tell me if VST can be used to transmit/receive using two frequency bands at the same time? Is it possible for me to implement this FDM using PXIe 5646R? Any answer would be very helpful for me. Thank you in advance.

Regards, 

Renita

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,133 Views)

Hi Renita,

The PXIe-5646R has 200MHz of bandwidth. The PXIe-5646R has 1 LO onboard that you will use for the center frequency. If your frequency bands that you need to acquire are within the 200MHz bandwidth (100MHz on each side of the center frequency), then you will be able to acquire the two frequency bands. If not, then you will be unable to acquire the frequency bands at the same exact time with the PXIe-5646R. 

Thanks!

Kevin S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,095 Views)

Hi Kevin,

Thank you so much for your response. I am trying to stream using 4.475G and 4.525G, and each of them occupied 2 MHZ bandwidth. Then I got this error  when I tried to run the VI. Could you please look through it because I still can't figure out why this error happened. Thank you.

Regards, 

Renita

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,069 Views)

Hi Renita,

What versions of the RFSG and RFSA driver are you using? Can you post your LabVIEW code? Is this an example that you are using, or did you develop this code yourself?

Also, can you please send a screenshot of NI MAX, and expand the 'Devices and Interfaces' tab?

Kevin S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,048 Views)

Hi Kevin,

I am using 15.0.2 version of RFSA and RFSG, and the firmware version is 14.01.20.15. I got the example from https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-34781 then I tried to modify some of it. Herewith I attach the Labview code and snippet of NI MAX that you request. I hope that these would be useful to analyze the errors.

Regards,

Renita

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,035 Views)
Solution
Accepted by nitameli

Hi Renita,

Thank you for posting your code. I see what is going on here. You are getting the errors because you are attempting to generate two separate signals with 1 device at the same time. This is not possible. You will need to completely stop/abort 1 of the RFSG sessions in order to begin generating with the other session. 

Kevin S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,015 Views)